Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the YF1Z-14A069-AA WIRING ASY to hopefully solve my fuel gauge problem on my FFV 2001 Sable. The gauge is inaccurate when it reaches 1/4 tank. The low fuel light is working at startup but I will run out of gas before it comes on while driving. The sender and fuel gauge was replaced twice by Ford as well as the dash gauge. I saw the post on the Club Site and hope the problem will be solved. The Parts manager seemed to think it would.
Does anyone know what this part does, and has anyone else experienced this particular problem. I did not see a big difference in the location of the fuel gauge after the install, but I was a little above a 1/4 tank.
Thanks
lama1410

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what I remember reading, this is a anti slosh module and basically buffers the signal of the fuel level indicator so it doesn't bounce all over the place while driving.

I replaced mine last year and have had no problems since.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up the YF1Z-14A069-AA WIRING ASY to hopefully solve my fuel gauge problem on my FFV 2001 Sable. The gauge is inaccurate when it reaches 1/4 tank. The low fuel light is working at startup but I will run out of gas before it comes on while driving. The sender and fuel gauge was replaced twice by Ford as well as the dash gauge. I saw the post on the Club Site and hope the problem will be solved. The Parts manager seemed to think it would.
Does anyone know what this part does, and has anyone else experienced this particular problem. I did not see a big difference in the location of the fuel gauge after the install, but I was a little above a 1/4 tank.
Thanks
lama1410
[/b]
Thank you for your reply. I hope that my particular problem is addressed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotemain'>
Thanks
lama1410
[/b]
Thank you for your reply. I hope that my particular problem is addressed.
[/b][/quote]

I guess the module isn't the answer. Ran out of gas at a point below the midway point between 1/4 full and empty. The low fuel light is working but did not come on.
A dealer I spoke with indicated a programming issue may be causing the problem. Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
:D Replaced YF1Z-14A069-AA wiring Asy. Fixed my pegged/erratic gas gauge. Took less then 10 minutes and the gas gauge is working perfectly. Thanks for the wonderful help from this site. Did have to pay $67, but was worth the fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts