Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not get the fule filter off my 99 Tarus - and I have taken many off other cars. SOmeone told me there is some special tool to remove these filters.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22,859 Posts
Relieve fuel pressure. Pop out the 2 white hairpin clips. Loosen 8mm retaining hose clamp. Remove filter. Install is reverse of removal. Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried it just that way but could not get either end to budge. First time I have ever had a problem like this taking a fuel filter off. I might try it agian and give it some more elbow grease - but just didn't want to break the end of the fuel line off.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22,859 Posts
Do you have the white hairpin clips completely removed? No broken legs (pieces) left inside slots? May try some silicone spray lube and careful twisting/pulling action.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
How did you finally get the lines off the filter? I'm experiencing the same problem right now
Get a good light and look closely to make sure clips are totally gone. I use a small flat blade and a pick. It is easy once you get the first one apart. Good light helps see the pins better!!B)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts