Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace fuel filter on 2006 vulcan flex fuel this weekend. I am making a summary note here from several excellent posts.

Engine side: no issue. single clip. if broken, get WIX WCK11 or NAPA NCK11. (See photo below)

Tank side: 2 interlocking clips, TOP and BOTTOM.

TOP: slightly raised. Also known as Quick Release Coupling LOCKING CLIP. Lift off slowly using a small screw driver. No replacement part available (someone please confirm).

BOTTOM: flush. Also known as Quick Release Coupling BUTTON. After lifting off TOP, press BUTTON and pull out filter simultaneously. If broken, get Ford 4F1Z-9A317-AA.

Somehow I cannot link to the posts, threads, or photos I got this summary info from. My apology. :(

·
Registered
375 Posts
I need to replace fuel filter on 2006 vulcan flex fuel this weekend. I am making a summary note here from several excellent posts.

Engine side: no issue. single clip. if broken, get WIX WCK11 or NAPA NCK11. (See photo below)

Tank side: 2 interlocking clips, TOP and BOTTOM.

TOP: slightly raised. Also known as Quick Release Coupling LOCKING CLIP. Lift off slowly using a small screw driver. No replacement part available (someone please confirm).

BOTTOM: flush. Also known as Quick Release Coupling BUTTON. After lifting off TOP, press BUTTON and pull out filter simultaneously. If broken, get Ford 4F1Z-9A317-AA.

Somehow I cannot link to the posts, threads, or photos I got this summary info from. My apology. :(
I’m bringing this posting forward as it it accurate. For a Taurus built after about Sept 2004, the fuel filters require three clips. The clip ahead of the filter ( engine side is as above.) The Dorman number is #800-023. The Ford number for the same clip is 2F1Z9A317AA. The length of each “hairpin” is 5/8”. There are other similar looking clips out there with different lengths but they are for earlier models.

Moving on, the Quick Release Coupling Button is still available form Amazon and EBay, equivalent to Ford
4F1Z-9A317-AA.

Like the message says there does not appear to be a Quick release locking clip available except that I have seen a photo of it on the Tascaparts.com website, but with the incorrect pat number shown. Here are some screen shot showing the clips. 1A71FA5C-DB89-4F8D-9957-801B43560CAD.jpeg BACD3AB4-7770-4DC6-B348-DBFEF079C813.jpeg F5715D30-DFFB-410A-9A9E-E858E7A8E836.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts