Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only been here a short while (@ TCCA.com) and I was wondering if anyone was close by, so when I get back there next year, (after this "fun in the desert") maybe we can have a meeting or "gathering/ show" somewhere near by. It is a just a thought.
And plus, that would be a good time to show off car and explain mods (for those of you who have the "I just kind of did it, and it happened" kind of mods).
Well, even if not, it would be cool to know who is close by. "L8R" MIke

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool_shades: That would be cool Rudedog. I wonder if many would be able to get together in about 6'ish months. And YES this is addictive, I try to get on here like everyday, or at least every other. NowI have a few reasons to be saving money, LOL. Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am just south of there in Austin. Wish you were here for the meet we are having later in the month but hopefully we will be doing meets a couple of times a year so I am sure we can plan one around your arrival date. Be safe and we are proud that you are making the rest of us safe.

Robert

·
Registered
314 Posts
I must be the other one from Fort Hood. Damn. No longer the only one any more. That's not really a bad thing though. (I Live in Copperas Cove, though).

If I read your post correctly, I'm assuming you are currently in Iraq. Unfortunately, I am with D Co 16th Sig Battalion and we will be heading back over the in approximately Januaury....

Derek

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D-sellers---> Yea I am here, 57th sig...sister units LOL....well, we will have to have a get together when YOU get back also!!!

*wonders if burnett people would come to a killeen "Getaurusgether" (wow say THAT 3 times real fast!!!! LOL

Well thanks everyone for replying, it seems we could one Heck of a "Getaurusgether" ...MIKE

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by uncanytaurus@Sep 10 2004, 10:01 AM
D-sellers---> Yea I am here, 57th sig...sister units LOL....well, we will have to have a get together when YOU get back also!!!
I was supposed to be back over there with you guys. I was in 313th (TROPO) and got attached to 16th when they first went out. We requested to stay/return to Iraq to avoid getting stuck in D Co but it looks like they're going to keep they're claws in us. We're hearing that we will be leaving around 15Jan to return to Iraq. You got any word on when you're returning?

Derek

·
Registered
367 Posts
interesting. welcome to the forums mike. ive got a few friends that live in kileen. my brother just went back to iraq a couple weeks ago, and he was up at ft hood. hes in 1st cav infantry i think, hes got 6 more months over there i think. party hard for the troops comin home :) :banana: stay safe.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 10 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm driving up to Ft Hood today, as a matter o' fact. I need to drop by the PX, get a haircut, buy some crap I don't need.....
spridget--->LOL, I was just teasing

Well "They" say it'll be a few months more, oh well....but I AM looking forward to getting to "meet" some of ya'll tha I "see" almost every week on here!!!
Thanks for ya'lls (quote from someone I cant remeber the name of: "Is ya'lls even a balsted word?!?!?!?" unquotes) support and keeping this place ALIVE and interesting!!!
L8R, MIKE

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm around dallas/ft.worth but its had to find me b/c i'm workin alot but yeah a lil get together sounds kool

lataZ,
Derek
aka-sable_punk02

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just to let everyone know, Mike (uncanytaurus) should be home pretty soon. As he is coming back, I will be on my way out. He may already be back as some of his unit has already returned. His unit (57th Signal Battalion) and mine (16th Signal Battalion) are sister units of the 3rd Signal Brigade.

Derek

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by uncanytaurus@Sep 7 2004, 04:00 AM
I have only been here a short while (@ TCCA.com) and I was wondering if anyone was close by, so when I get back there next year, (after this "fun in the desert") maybe we can have a meeting or "gathering/ show" somewhere near by. It is a just a thought.
And plus, that would be a good time to show off car and explain mods (for those of you who have the "I just kind of did it, and it happened" kind of mods).
Well, even if not, it would be cool to know who is close by. "L8R" MIke
So when will you be back in the area Mike? The lsshoc ( Taurus SHO club ) will be having our annual spring gtg and fun run out of Austin, Tx. the 3rd weekeed of April. 2005. Could that work out for you? For those that don'y want to do the run we can all meet somewhere for dinner and then head out to 6th street.

:chili: :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whats up guys i just joined the TCCA and im from San Antonio , unfortunatly i didnt make it to the last meet but i wanted to know about the next one or if ne one around san antonio area would like to get together for a mini meet like at san antonio raceway and then the pigstand or something... if ne ones interested email me at [email protected]

thanks

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So when will you be back in the area Mike?
I have been back a few days now!!! *shouts with glee!!* But with the "late" holidays, I had to drive back and forth to Georgia, and fininsh settling in our house.
I WAS gonna drive my Tauri back from GA, but (long story short) I just towed it behind a U-haul (THEY SUCK, btw!!!!!)

The lsshoc ( Taurus SHO club ) will be having our annual spring gtg and fun run out of Austin, Tx. the 3rd weekeed of April. 2005. Could that work out for you? For those that don'y want to do the run we can all meet somewhere for dinner and then head out to 6th street.
Maybe I can get there, it is still early to say. But I will keep ya'll informed.

Well I gotta run, I will let everyone know how the tauri runs in Texas heat!! Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts