Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that is in close to my city in the midwest that you have seen videos of with the turbo probe is selling off a kit. Here is his ad:

removed by jason8225
Reason I posted in here is that I make nothing off of this sale, and its huge for the community, and I forgot that the classifieds posts have to be approved, thereby cutting down the time you all have to act on this.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
there is a god.... :blink:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It'll only work on the Vulcan. IIRC, the videos of the Probe was an early model with the Vulcan from the '91-'95 Taurus.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Holy ****....... I knew it... I told everyone. As soon as I get rid of my Taurus... some new kickass mod becomes available.... DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! Um... I gotta go... Gotta find another Gen II with a Vulcan....

·
Registered
32 Posts
i will never understand why so many of you guys are hell bent on turbocharging your taurus. it is not practical and not cheap. if you guys are so hell bent on turbocharging in hopes to go faster, why dont you do something smart. sell your taurus and use the money plus the money youd be willling to spend on turboing your taurus and buy a faster car. plain and simple. if you want to go fast a taurus is not the ideal platform. it is not practical in any way. it is just pipe dream talk. if you want to go fast sell your taurus and buy a car more suited for mods.

even if you ever turbocharged your taurus it still wouldnt be fast. . . think logically
do you really love your taurus that much?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
If I had butt loads of money here is what I would do. Get a Gen4 Duratec drop the compresion to 8:1 so I could run some MAD boost. Then I would get a Jag X-type tranny and make it AWD. And the reason I would do this to a Taurus and not just buy a sports car is one, none of these hondas would see it coming and two I need a family car. I had a Celica GT4 when I was in the UK. That was nice but it had no room for anything. I still had it up to 145 when I went to work.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by 91tsiawd5spd@Oct 4 2004, 04:24 PM
i will never understand why so many of you guys are hell bent on turbocharging your taurus. it is not practical and not cheap. if you guys are so hell bent on turbocharging in hopes to go faster, why dont you do something smart. sell your taurus and use the money plus the money youd be willling to spend on turboing your taurus and buy a faster car. plain and simple. if you want to go fast a taurus is not the ideal platform. it is not practical in any way. it is just pipe dream talk. if you want to go fast sell your taurus and buy a car more suited for mods.

even if you ever turbocharged your taurus it still wouldnt be fast. . . think logically
ctrl+alt+delete yourself. <_<

that kind of response is not what this site is for.

no, the turbo+ a stock motor will not be some death fast beast...but it will be fast-ER. Why dont you go back to playing with your DSM, and leave your negativity elsewhere. kthxbye.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes+Oct 4 2004, 05:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurussetypes @ Oct 4 2004, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-91tsiawd5spd@Oct 4 2004, 04:24 PM

no, the turbo+ a stock motor will not be some death fast beast...but it will be fast-ER. Why dont you go back to playing with your DSM, and leave your negativity elsewhere. kthxbye. [/b][/quote]
*Ditto* It would certainly be unique. Have you taken a look at how terribly slow the Talons are without the turbo? I easily smoked several in my "Family car" taurus. Even the turbo talons aren't fast. 6.5 seconds 0 - 60 (give or take) isn't fast. Not to mention the plethora of problems with those cars..... :blink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Oct 4 2004, 06:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Oct 4 2004, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 05:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-91tsiawd5spd
@Oct 4 2004, 04:24 PM

no, the turbo+ a stock motor will not be some death fast beast...but it will be fast-ER. Why dont you go back to playing with your DSM, and leave your negativity elsewhere. kthxbye.
*Ditto* It would certainly be unique. Have you taken a look at how terribly slow the Talons are without the turbo? I easily smoked several in my "Family car" taurus. Even the turbo talons aren't fast. 6.5 seconds 0 - 60 (give or take) isn't fast. Not to mention the plethora of problems with those cars..... :blink: [/b][/quote]
the non turbo cars have completely different internals. are you serious? calling a stock 0 to 60 time of 6.5 slow? are you aware how slow your taurus is 0 to 60? please guys i didnt post that to start some dsm vs taurus arguement. i was just trying to point out that its cheaper to just sell your car and buy a faster car. you guys like fords, id reccomend getting a mustang. foxbodys are awesome, cheap, and there are more mods for the 5.0 than any other car out there. i wasnt even suggesting a dsm. dsms arent for everyone. i never even said i had one. my post was to show that if you want to go fast, a taurus would not be a good platform. the cost benefit analysis on making a taurus fast as opposed to making a car that is more suited to going fast is not even close.

just to bust your balls, i beat a 2002 zo6 the other day in my dsm. once from a dig and 6 times from a second gear roll.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by 91tsiawd5spd+Oct 4 2004, 06:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (91tsiawd5spd @ Oct 4 2004, 06:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 05:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-91tsiawd5spd
@Oct 4 2004, 04:24 PM

*Ditto* It would certainly be unique. Have you taken a look at how terribly slow the Talons are without the turbo? I easily smoked several in my "Family car" taurus. Even the turbo talons aren't fast. 6.5 seconds 0 - 60 (give or take) isn't fast. Not to mention the plethora of problems with those cars..... :blink:
the non turbo cars have completely different internals. are you serious? calling a stock 0 to 60 time of 6.5 slow? are you aware how slow your taurus is 0 to 60? please guys i didnt post that to start some dsm vs taurus arguement. i was just trying to point out that its cheaper to just sell your car and buy a faster car. you guys like fords, id reccomend getting a mustang. foxbodys are awesome, cheap, and there are more mods for the 5.0 than any other car out there. i wasnt even suggesting a dsm. dsms arent for everyone. i never even said i had one. my post was to show that if you want to go fast, a taurus would not be a good platform. the cost benefit analysis on making a taurus fast as opposed to making a car that is more suited to going fast is not even close.

just to bust your balls, i beat a 2002 zo6 the other day in my dsm. once from a dig and 6 times from a second gear roll. [/b][/quote]
Not busting anyone's balls.... there are plenty of modded shos that can kill MODDED ZO6's :rolleyes: And I KNOW MY CAR IS TERRIBLY SLOW.... but I don't care. It serves its purpose as a cheap reliable daily driver. Also.... 6.5 seconds to 60 is SLOW...repeat SLOOOOWWWWWW..... For what the car has / is.... no thanks. But as you said the DSMs aren't for everyone. A friend of mine has one and its got just about every problem you could have with them. It's now sitting up on jack stands getting the needed repairs. Even when it was running great... it was still slow. Personally I would have a modded mustang cobra (03+) as my "real" sports car. I'm waiting for the new version (06) to see what kind of numbers its pulling.... plus its on a better and updated platform.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
<_< ...we like to mod our "family" cars, to be "DIFFERENT" and "unique".

i don't care how cheap or easy it is to make a Talon, Neon, Sunfire, Cavalier, Mustang, Civic, etc fast.... almost EVERYONE mods one.

not everyone is different enough and daring enough to mod a Taurus. how many modded taurus's do you see while driving? not very many. now compare that to a mustang or civic. i wouldn't trade my Taurus for a car in the world. Well, except for a Valanquish, but thats just a pipe dream, cause i'll never be able to afford one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
o to 60 in 6.5 seconds stock is what 5.0s do. do you know what your talking about. whatever. i see my post is being taken wrong. im sorry, forget it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by 91tsiawd5spd@Oct 4 2004, 06:53 PM
o to 60 in 6.5 seconds stock is what 5.0s do. do you know what your talking about. whatever. i see my post is being taken wrong. im sorry, forget it.
.......and thats why I myself call them "5 point slows" I wouldn't get one. I never said they were fast. Even the stock 00+ mustang gt's aren't fast. They're quick.... but not fast.

*edit*
I just wanted to add that I don't mean to sound belligerent... so I offer my peace. B)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Oct 4 2004, 06:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Oct 4 2004, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-91tsiawd5spd@Oct 4 2004, 06:53 PM
.......and thats why I myself call them "5 point slows" I wouldn't get one. I never said they were fast. Even the stock 00+ mustang gt's aren't fast. They're quick.... but not fast. [/b][/quote]
i actually agree with you on all of what you just said. i was just thinking that when you said it was slow was not correct being that for a completely stock car you are right in your terminology, it is quick, not slow.

G

·
OK, this thread got off-topic really fast and is bound to result in more personal attacks, flaming and soforth, therefore it is :locked:

And, as for the Turbo Kit... You're right we don't allow just anybody to advertise on here and the vendor has no credibility with anybody here that I'm aware of, so the ad will be removed. Plus, the kit may only be $800 (which is very unbelievable), but you still have to pay for plumbing, tuning and a lot of other stuff to get it running correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.