Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opened the door on the g3, started it up closed the door(or so i thought :angryfire: ), and when i came back out the door was cracked open... i tried to close(notice i said"tried") it again... upon further inspection, the latch wasn't staying up :dunno: after i closed the door... i liberally sprayed the latch with wd40, then i heated with a hair dryer... after about 2 mins i heard a little noise, and checked the door and all was well :D
G3 tec, driver door

has anyone experienced this? and what was your solution??? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
opened the door on the g3, started it up closed the door(or so i thought :angryfire: ), and when i came back out the door was cracked open... i tried to close(notice i said"tried") it again... upon further inspection, the latch wasn't staying up :dunno: after i closed the door... i liberally sprayed the latch with wd40, then i heated with a hair dryer... after about 2 mins i heard a little noise, and checked the door and all was well :D
G3 tec, driver door

[/b]
Yes, the engine you have would affect how your door latches...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>
G3 tec, driver door

[/b]
Yes, the engine you have would affect how your door latches...
[/b][/quote]

yes... i think the dohc, and duel dual exhaust are the root of my problems

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
You're just low on door lock fluid. Go to your local auto parts store and ask for some. The reservoir is the thing below the radio, it should slide out. It's probably bone dry if your door won't shut.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Steph,
Use WD-40 to get the moisture out of the latching mechanism, then use a white lithium grease to keep it moving freely and to prevent moisture from getting back in.

Everyone else,
Think up better jokes. Your's were pathetic.

·
Registered
453 Posts
What I did that appears to have worked is this:

Buy a can of spray White Lithium grease. (This is what should be used on hinges and such) The spray come out thin, penetrates and then kind of expands or foams up leaving a thick moisture barrier.

Spray the latch mechanism and work it open and closed with a screw driver numerous times to work the lube in.

Then take off the interior door panel. (Not hard to do) Take the Lithium spray and spray the latch mechanism and rods that are inside the door and work them well getting the lube worked in be using the locks, door handle etc. Put the door panel back on. This should then keep the water out of the latch and stop it from freezing.

Something like this: http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/pr....asp?product=37

1 - 8 of 8 Posts