Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i took the car in to get an oil change and the belt replaced

2000 ford Taurus se 3L Vulcan, the mechanic backed up and the front wheels were shuddering, pulsating, jerking when trying to back up the hill.

Driving normal the car shifts fine, shifts into other gears perfect and smoothly, why would reverse be a mess now?

I get the car home and then try to leave again, this time on a flat surface, Reverse again front wheels shuddering, pulsating, jerking, until i stop and nothing. Then i go really slow and it goes, the gear is actually trying to move the car back and i have to break to slow it down just to the shuddering stops. its like reverse works but something in the wheels it making it shake and shudder.

this makes NO sense to me what so ever, i thought if you have tranny issues the forward gears would be messing up to, but all other gears the car drives and shifts like a new car.

is it the tranny or something in the wheels?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Did it do that before you took it for the oil change and new belt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shuddering

i don't know, i just bought the car!! so now the dealer took the car back and did a tranny service, now its not as bad but it still does it when the car is hot. It doesn't do it when the car is cold!! doesn't that make it weirder? lol

Its going to a tranny shop next week, the guy at the shop thinks its a Valve body!!! i don't know what that is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i don't know, i just bought the car!! so now the dealer took the car back and did a tranny service, now its not as bad but it still does it when the car is hot. It doesn't do it when the car is cold!! doesn't that make it weirder? lol

Its going to a tranny shop next week, the guy at the shop thinks its a Valve body!!! i don't know what that is.
Mine does the same thing. What did it cost you to have it fixed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts