Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a post earlier about my rear stabilizer bar being disconnected because that's what the guy who fixed my brakes told me. Turns out its something in the front that is disconnected because there is a rubber connected thing that rotted and broke. What is this and it looks like an easy fix, but is it expensive? It's that whitish plastic piece in the picture, the bottom on both sides of the car are disconnected.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Broken endlinks (sway bar endlinks). Here is the repair info: http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/G...ink_Replacement The local part stores will have two kinds...plastic and metal. Metal ones sometimes will require greasing every oil change or every other oil changes. Plastic ones don't.

I gota do mine sometime soon. I have replacement greaseable Moog's from RockAuto. The rubber on the plastic ones from the factory is about gone on both sides.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I just purchsed a set of SHO Sources steel front end links for my 97. Everything was quick and easy to install yourself. My originals had both rubber boots torn and one side had a decent amount of play. Once I replaced them, I got rid of that ocaasional "clunk". While I was installing them, I also tried to tighten the subframe bolts, but they were good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just go with after market steel replacements.
Much stronger. You can get them from Smythe automotive, napa, autozone, just about any where for around $30.00 a pop.
MAKE SURE when your tightening them on to use an 8mm socket on the hex shaft while your tightening down the nut on the upper portion of the sway link or you'll spin the ball joint and destroy your new part ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts