Discussion Starter #1
how do I get the door panel off to get to the front speakers
I have a 1996 taurus gl
helpppppppppppppppppppppppp please
thanks

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I would guess unscrewing a few of the screws (like behind the part where you pull the door shut) and then prying the panel off. Besides teh screw, it's only being held on by cheap plastic pins that will break when you pull it off. Depending on where you go, it can be cheap or pricey (the stores here want $5 for 8 pins for my G2).

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The screws are:

- A couple (2 i think) on the side of the panel
- A couple (2 also i think) on the underside
- 1 in where the handle is.

Remove those screws then pry from the bottom around with a screwdriver (flathead of course, preferably a large one you can pry with).

The stock plastic clips can usually be re-used once if you're gentle when you pull them out. You will need to lift the door panel up over the lock to get it off. You can access the speakers without pulling out the harnesses.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Twilight@Mar 17 2004, 09:28 PM
The screws are:

- A couple (2 i think) on the side of the panel
- A couple (2 also i think) on the underside
- 1 in where the handle is.

Remove those screws then pry from the bottom around with a screwdriver (flathead of course, preferably a large one you can pry with).

The stock plastic clips can usually be re-used once if you're gentle when you pull them out. You will need to lift the door panel up over the lock to get it off. You can access the speakers without pulling out the harnesses.
thanks pimping

1 - 4 of 4 Posts