Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am going to pick up some leather seats for my 1997 GS. The guy is selling them to me CHEAP, so I am not going to let an opportunity like this pass me up.

The question I have is.. I plan on buying just the passenger seat and the back seat. The driver seat is smashed up, my plan was to wait to find a leather front seat and buy it separate.

The car I am getting the seats has the floor shift and I have the colum. Will the present a problem when I swap the seats out? The middle part (the cup holder/arm rest) looks like its own unit, but I am not sure. Do you guys think this will work? On leather interior models, is the pass seat powered? How much of a pain is it to take the seats out?

Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Aug 13 2004, 03:06 PM
Guys,

I am going to pick up some leather seats for my 1997 GS. The guy is selling them to me CHEAP, so I am not going to let an opportunity like this pass me up.

The question I have is.. I plan on buying just the passenger seat and the back seat. The driver seat is smashed up, my plan was to wait to find a leather front seat and buy it separate.

The car I am getting the seats has the floor shift and I have the colum. Will the present a problem when I swap the seats out? The middle part (the cup holder/arm rest) looks like its own unit, but I am not sure. Do you guys think this will work? On leather interior models, is the pass seat powered? How much of a pain is it to take the seats out?

Thanks!
Like Ash said. The middle part is it's own unit. Also not all leather seating had dual power seats. That was another option. Might want to check it out. My Sable only has the drivers side power only. Good Luck James!

Sal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My interior is going to look a little funky for awhile but I will complete the set once I find a driver seat. I think I will be out the door with both for under $100.00, which I think is a good deal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wrong color. I have a gray interior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts