Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch the behavior of my front parking lights, I really like the looks of the high output filament being on constantly, cars like corvettes, and a few buicks and some minivans have this setup, they are on bright when the headlights or marking lights are on, and turn off to flash the turn signal. anyone ever try playing with the wires? I'm wondering if it would be as simple as cutting the wires, and switching the parking light wire, and the turn signal wire, assuming of course that the parking lights turn off, when the turn signal flashes...anyone know how its wired?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
IIRC, someone here tried that on a G2 and it worked perfectly. There was a post about it somewhere.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 4 2004, 08:38 PM
IIRC, someone here tried that on a G2 and it worked perfectly. There was a post about it somewhere.
cool. I've been meaning to test it out, this gives me cause to be optimisitc that it might work

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It is as simple as switching the wires but then you would have a front turn signal that would be difficult to see.

I have thought about going to a single filament 50 W bulb and using relays to cut out the DRL effect to the side that would need to blink when the turn signal were to be used.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Parking light filament is 7w, turn signal is 27w and you can get single filament 50w. You would have to get a Gen 3 rear turn signal socket. If it would fit in the front turn signal lamp.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Feb 11 2004, 10:50 PM
Parking light filament is 7w, turn signal is 27w and you can get single filament 50w. You would have to get a Gen 3 rear turn signal socket. If it would fit in the front turn signal lamp.
are there any dual filament high wattage bulbs out there?

·
Registered
177 Posts
ive done it, looks bad a**. but i used led bulbsalong with it, i tried to use a regular bulb, but it didnt work. u can use what ever color of leds satisfys you. ask if u wanna know how

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by americasfuture@Feb 13 2004, 06:10 PM
ive done it, looks bad a**. but i used led bulbsalong with it, i tried to use a regular bulb, but it didnt work. u can use what ever color of leds satisfys you. ask if u wanna know how
yes! I want more info... why didn't it work with your standard bulbs? how'd ya do it? have any problems?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i just rewired it all, took me a few trys to get it right and a few fuses. but i can look at my wiring in the daylight and let u know what wires are what.i think the reason it only worked for the leds are cuz they are polorized, but then again a standard bulb should work also bc it non polorized. maybe i wasnt doing sumthing right, but i can get back to u on it

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Is there anybody that makes clear lenses for the front turn signal lamps on the Gen III?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It's hard to tell. I just don't want that orange/yellow look on them anymore. Please don't tell me all I have to do is change the bulb. I'm having a flashback from trying to change the brake lights and realizing that you have to take the whole [email protected] thing off!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Hey thanks Firespirit. Naw, the first time I tried to change my brake lights, I thought they were the usual pull on out, pop one in as is the case with my 76 Maverick sedan. So for the first thirty minutes I was trying to unscrew the wiring harness. Can you say Dumb @$$??!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just replaced the amber bulbs with clear and it doesn't look any better at night.

I put in some 3157s from the local gas station and they look like crap next to the headlights and clear sidemarkers (PIAAs in both & hl relay harness).

Are there any bulbs with more (or nicer) light at low wattage?

If not then what color wires do i need to swap?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
What clear bulb is the best as far is intesnity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts