Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, is it just me or is it weird that my front motor mount has broke again. last time it broke was on july 31 and i replaced that and then last night coming home it happened again. how long are these things suppose to last? lol, i hope these things breakin aint gonna be happenin once a month.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well, they do come apart quite often 1ce a month sounds a little too frequent, my last four have all lasted about 3 months each. I know the SHO shop and SHO Times and a couple of other SHo sites advertise a re-inforced style front motor mount, but I've never gotten any replies as to whether or not the mounts would work on a vulcan engine.

I have since run a chain from the motor mount bracket to the sub-frame, and believe it or not my last new mount still came apart. At least it won't hurt anything now because of it being chained down.

I'm in the process of talking to a machine shop to manufacture one out of alum. or go with my own personal design that looks like an "end link" only without any rubber mountings so it'll be a "solid" mount. The latter I just have to test out once I get it made, then maybe I could produce it.

B

·
0 Posts
The SHO mount won't work on a Vulcan. Vulcans have the hydraulic oil-filled mount, SHO's do not.

I would imagine someone with some fabrication skills could make one up though...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
did you replace all 3 mounts of just the front? i got my mounts from autozone (lifetime warrenty) and they are holding up realy well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, thats the only one that has given me problems, the front one, i got it at advance auto parts and its got a lifetime warranty too.lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO uhm, earlier when i went to replace this mount, i took it out, etc etc and put the bolt back thru the mount and when we were tightening it, the bolt like stripped out inside the housing (part?) for it and now, we're having to take out the radiator just to get in their and drill a new hole thru the old one (i think that is what he said) so a new bolt will fit. i didn't think it would be this much trouble to change another one of these. :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts