Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the ebay universal lips? I seen one member on here that had one. I really like that look

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no not because of cost, just looking at the options. do u drive a g4 taurus that the stang lip fit on? if u wouldnt mind showing me a pic and where u got urs from that would be awesome

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rudy, did you see the second pic of the ebay listing? The Ram with SRT-4 trim? Says all I need to know about the vendor.

I recommend the already proven use of the Mach 1 chin.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Well, the only EXACT fit for a gen4 spoiler / front lip is one like this.

This spoiler is made from a gen4 bumper cover and flipped over to mount under the original bumper cover. All mounting holes are already in the new part. Its a very simple bolt up mod made from a junkyard doner bumper cover.

The MACH 1 chim spoiler is nice also, but is not a direct fit. I have seen the MACH chin spoilers for as little as $100.00, this spoiler I have cost $35.00 and IS a direct fit with the same body contours as your original front end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, the only EXACT fit for a gen4 spoiler / front lip is one like this.

This spoiler is made from a gen4 bumper cover and flipped over to mount under the original bumper cover. All mounting holes are already in the new part. Its a very simple bolt up mod made from a junkyard doner bumper cover.
dlc, that spoiler looks better than the mach spoiler, IMO. did you cut it to fit your self? if so, a tutorial is in order. :p

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
dlc, that spoiler looks better than the mach spoiler, IMO. did you cut it to fit your self? if so, a tutorial is in order. :p

THANKS for the compliments, and the best part when I go to shows is I can say that front lip "has an actual taurus part number. :lol2:

Its very easy to make this.
1) Find a bumper cover at your locval junkyard. As long as the bottom 6 inches of the cover are not damaged your in good shape. Some lots may even give you a better deal on a damaged one knowing no one else will want it.
2) Start by cutting the bumper cover around a line at the top of the lower grill opening. You can use a sawsall or anykind of power saw your comfortable with.
3) Turn the cut off part upside down and use the screws that hold on the lower splash panel to install your new spoiler, this will only be temporary.
4) Make some kind of height guage. With this you will take a sharpie marker and draw a line around the new cover. This will set your ground clearance. Remove the new part and cut along the line. Finish the edge so its a smooth finish.
5) Paint the new spoiler what ever color you want. I like the flat black becasue it blends in with the rocker covers. You can also add a 1/4 inch foam weather stripping along the erdge line to fill in the gap and make it look more molded in.
6) Re-mount the new lip under the car, at this point I added five 1/4-20 screws with fender washers and nuts to support the spoiler better.

All done, total time of about 2 hours to make your own original ford taurus chin spoiler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts