Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am at speeds of 50+ when I press on the brakes the front end and the steering wheel shakes. I think it may be the brakes that need to be replaced. When I press them I can feel as if the rotor is warped. Any one know if this is it or should I be looking at something else?

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Rotors are more than likely warped. Time to get replacements. I wouldnt even bother trying to have them cut because all you are doing is shaving metal off of a part that you really want as much metal in there as possible. Replace the rotors AND pads at the same time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I replace the brakes and rotors, do I have to bleed the system or can I just make do with out doing it? I have seen it done before without bleeding you just have to be very careful not to get the air in the line.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I just replaced my rotors and pads. Because the increased thickness you need to push back the cylinder as much as possible. That will push the brake fluid back into the reservoir. If you had added brake fluid some time recently, you might have some of it leaking out, if not you are good to go.
Bleeding makes the process of "pushing back" the cilinder easyer. But increase the risk of letting air in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts