Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 2013 Taurus Limited AWD serviced and was told that the alignment was out. With 85k on it now, I found that to be believable. What surprised me was that my wife also said that she thought that the car was riding worse than our '18 350 dually!. I checked the front end and saw that the control arm bushings looked worn and had a significant amount of oxidation between the rubber bushing and the aluminum housing. Enough evidence for me!. I ordered 2 new MOOG control arms w/bushings and ball joints, Timken wheel bearings and Monroe loaded struts. All in with me doing the install was just under $600.00 + alignment (in shop getting that done now) All I can say is WOW! What a difference it made just in the short ride to get the alignment. When you drive it every day, the degradation is slow to be noticed. Getting new rear shocks to be done in a few days, didn't get here in time to do all at once. makes me excited to drive it again. Feel like I'm waiting for a new car to come in!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi there local. The wife has 15 awd with 74k. Dealer showed me it needs lower ball joints = entire lower control arm. Thank you Ford.

Now you have me wondering if I should go your route???

I don't believe the Moog lca ball joint has a grease fitting. Does it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
sheila
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing