Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the easiest way to remove the front emblem/spear (besides hacksaw, dremel, etc.) what bolts am I looking for. similar to this:

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
You'll to get the bumper cover off! The Nuts/bolts come in from the opposite direction. If you're REALLY careful you can do it w/out totally removing the cover, but ti'll have to be loosened alot. Did it w/my 98 SE & installed Black Grill Mesh!

B)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was wanting to do, and I was afraid that I would have to remove bumper cover. It doesn't look to bad with nothing there, I guess. I could just cut it out and leave it empty

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Yeah I have done it to mine and I just ripped it out, not wanting to deal with taking the bumper off. It came out pretty easy with a few blows from a hammer and tugs. I drove around like that for about 5 months and then found time to remove the whole bumper and place some mesh in the opening. The process only takes about 30 minutes your first time through. Just a lot of bolts to remove and such, nothing too hard. The mesh looks a lot better than the empty hole did IMO. Lights look even more bad ass, especially those lights on ArkanSHO's car (the one above) and on Larry's TR SHO. Here is some shots of the empty hole and mesh w/ lights in my grille.

empty

mesh

mesh w/lights

mesh w/lights 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts