Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Taurus SE 2001 3.0 OHV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone. I’ve got a Taurus sedan SE 2001 with colomn shifter and the consol between both front seats. I’d like replace center console by the center seat. I allready bought one on ebay but it’s in very bad condition. I’ve found another one, almost new but it’s for Taurus 2003 to 2007. Does anyone here know what are the differences between the 2001 and 2003 center seats ? On my 2001 Taurus the seats are gray cloth. Would the 2001 gray be different from the 2003 gray? or it’s a structural difference ? I live in Switzerland in Europ and here, there is no Taurus to compare. I searched on web and I’ve seen there is a lot of differents serial number for this part. But, except the color code, I don’t know what are the differences..
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the 2002 to 2007 center seat are the same style seat. The only two difference I have seen in a taurus from 2002 to 2007 is leather seats to cloths seats. I found a website that has the color codes.

Hopefully this will help. Click here for color codes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the 2002 to 2007 center seat are the same style seat. The only two difference I have seen in a taurus from 2002 to 2007 is leather seats to cloths seats. I found a website that has the color codes.

Hopefully this will help. Click here for color codes.
You say that there are no differences between 2002 and 2007. Are there any between 2001 and 2002?
Thank you for the link. On the website I read that the car was in 5 or 6 places. is the 6th place on this mini seat? so he has a seat belt?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes. That middle seat counts as the 6th seat. As you now it closes the gap between the two front seats, so it turns the front seats into a couch.

And yes, it has a 6th seat belt. At least mine has (2000 SES).

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Yes. That middle seat counts as the 6th seat. As you now it closes the gap between the two front seats, so it turns the front seats into a couch.

And yes, it has a 6th seat belt. At least mine has (2000 SES).
The column shifts, Sables, Lin Cont's, and my Buick have center seat belts. I removed them on the Lin's. Had one wrap the belt in the power seat gear and that did great harm to the gear set.
The Buick has a nice place to store the unused belts. 100% "unused" in my cars.
-chart-

·
Registered
3 Posts
You say that there are no differences between 2002 and 2007. Are there any between 2001 and 2002?
Thank you for the link. On the website I read that the car was in 5 or 6 places. is the 6th place on this mini seat? so he has a seat belt?
Your welcome. There is no difference on 2001 and 2002 year models. Both have the same design seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your welcome. There is no difference on 2001 and 2002 year models. Both have the same design seat.
ok I bought the seat. I'll see in two weeks if it's ok for my 2001, then I'll get a seat belt. I'm sure my daughters would be thrilled to sit next to me!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm sure my daughters would be thrilled to sit next to me!
Even so, the middle seat is definitely not the safest seat! No shoulder strap, no airbag. If your daughters are really young, there is only one place more dangerous to them: your lap, while you do the driving and they do the steering, watch the traffic and do the signalling (like I used to train them in the old days). In a Taurus, if the airbag goes off, they will be crushed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even so, the middle seat is definitely not the safest seat! No shoulder strap, no airbag. If your daughters are really young, there is only one place more dangerous to them: your lap, while you do the driving and they do the steering, watch the traffic and do the signalling (like I used to train them in the old days). In a Taurus, if the airbag goes off, they will be crushed.
thanks for the warning. it will be just to try .. besides my Taurus being homologated with 5 places, I would not even have the right to do it ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts