Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I'll be honest, I was almost expecting to see a cone filter attached to the end of the MAF sensor, in the engine bay.

What we have here is a clean install, and a functional CAI. Only thing I'd do different is make sure the MAF is the same distance away from the TB as it was stock. Though, the readings are probably a bit skewed now anyway, so it probably doesn't make a huge difference. :)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
i recently built a CAI for my girlfriends 2.2 ecobalt and i was nervous of this issue, with the spectre kit i used (kits for that car are $225 min) i got the kit for $40 from a friend, the way i have it setup is the maf is about 4-5 inches further away from the tb.

but it runs great and felt a good gain, the stock airbox is 3 or 4 pieces and enormous. kind of strange is like SUPER loud, almost too loud for an intake, but sounds great, and from the outside it can be heard from quite a distance,

but i havent noticed any negative change from having the MAF a different distance from the TB, i dont mean to thread jack but could be some consequences of this? it idles great and gets better mpg.. so im not sure.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Slightly further away, no. Closer to the TB (like, REALLY close) could cause some interference with the MAF signal, since there are some LOUD noises coming from the TB.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Nice job. I may build one myself one of these days, not that I expect any gains by doing it, other than I can switch to a washable dry filter element. I would just use a drop in, but no one is making a good washable dry filter for Taurus', so a cone filter and a custom CAI is the only other option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts