1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
:cool_shades: Lookin' clean and sharp.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Looks good, but don't forget to wax your car! Colour X is just a polish and Detailer is for cars that have already been waxed...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm waitin till next week when i clay bar it. believe me its gonna get a fresh coat befor it gets to cold

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
ColorX has wax in it too, it's not just a polish. I would have clayed it before doing anything else, though. :)

Looks good :thumb:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i'm waitin till next week when i clay bar it. believe me its gonna get a fresh coat befor it gets to cold
[/b]
You're kinda doin things backwards... Very first thing you do is clay bar, then polish, then wax then sealant/detailer... Usually I do a wax remover/cleaner first to get all my old wax/rust/gunk/bugs off...

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
You're kinda doin things backwards... Very first thing you do is clay bar, then polish, then wax then sealant/detailer... Usually I do a wax remover/cleaner first to get all my old wax/rust/gunk/bugs off...
[/b][/quote]
:werd: but you dont have to use detailer after you wax, its kinda pointless actually. detailer is supposed to be used in between waxing, like you waxed your car last week... it got dirty... you wash it the next week... you use detailer.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
:werd: but you dont have to use detailer after you wax, its kinda pointless actually. detailer is supposed to be used in between waxing, like you waxed your car last week... it got dirty... you wash it the next week... you use detailer.
[/b][/quote]

He mentioned using the detailer after he polishes... The chronological order of things is that detailer comes last in the process.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

He mentioned using the detailer after he polishes... The chronological order of things is that detailer comes last in the process.
[/b][/quote]
i know this, but the way you said it was like you used the detailer right after you got done waxing the car

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
i know this, but the way you said it was like you used the detailer right after you got done waxing the car
[/b][/quote]
It's good for getting any overspray from dressings and glass cleaners and such off the paint though...it's a good last step.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
It's good for getting any overspray from dressings and glass cleaners and such off the paint though...it's a good last step.
[/b][/quote]

I agree... Usually the first wax of the year in the spring time, I have to use a detailer after I wax it because by the time I work my way around the car, the very first spot I waxed has a layer of dust on it...

Cleaning your windows is also very important at the end... Lots of dust and smudges on windows that detracts from the freshly-waxed effect... I usually do a coat of Rain X on them too.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
after i get done wiping off the wax i usually just go back over the car with a clean side of the rag and wipe it down one more time just to make sure i got all the wax off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts