Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I was driving in Asheboro, NC, and we had just left Cook Out to go to some haunted houses. There are 4 of us in the car (3 guys/1 girl), and we pull up this light. Well, this other car pulls up next to us with 3 people in it. They've got an insanely loud fart can. They're all laughing as they pull up, looking at my car (not quite sure why). Well, the light turns green and you hear the engine get REALLY loud as he starts to take off. I sort of sit there with a look of confusion, then realize what he wants to do.

Well, he gets the jump on me, but after I realize what's going on, I floor it. It takes me about 2 seconds to get up to his speed, then I easily start creeping past him. What's this? Uh oh, another red light.

This time I'm ready. I keep it out of O/D this time. The guy's obviously mad, and revving his engine. Light turns green: VROOM! I floor it, and this time it's 2ez. I'm completely through the intersection before the guy even gets half way.

It was a riot. We were laughing soooooo hard. Of course I did the obligatory "turn into his lane and turn on my emergency flashers." :D Also, all this was done without overly exceeding the speed limit. :)

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I use to have a great time in my 2.5L Contour. I pulled up to a light one time and this kid in a Eclips pulls up beside me. I have my wife and kids in the car and he looks at me like he wants to race. So, I ask my wife if I could (She would of flipped if I would of just taken off) and she said go for it. So the light turns green and I floor it. He on the other hand killed it and his friend sitting next to him was laughing so hard I could see it from my mirror. He kept tring to catch up after I let off but he never got near me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Let them win the first time and then ask them to race for some cash :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts