Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find driving technique on how to go faster and ive found it. come to a complete stop and put your left foot on the brake and hold it firm, then press all the way down on the gas and let it sit for a sec or so then let off the brake. then when your car hits around 35 MPH let off the gas all the way then jam it again and if you get it right it should peel out while shifting into second and put u back in your seat. Make sure you have it only in Drive not overdrive. This works so well because the letting off of the gas and appling again sends the torque to the wheels and has a back braking effect. You Gen II vulcan guys try it out till you get it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
I would not suggest the idea of letting off the gas right before the shift and then flooring it again, not with our transmissions. I used to do it all the time when I still had the auto in my volvo, but every time I try to do it in a taurus / sable the transmission reminds me that it dosen't like it, the rev's climb, the trans shifts into 2nd sloooowly and then bangs into gear, chirping the tires, I don't really like that, lol. Maybe it would work better if the car had a chip?

The power braking technique is a good one though, people use it all the time. Just don't do it for a long time, or many times in a row. It generates a LOT of heat. Immagine doing that in a car with a manual transmission, sliping the clutch at 2500 Rpm's at full throttle, the clutch would be smoking in a second! In an auto all that heat is transfered through the fluid and gets your trans pretty hot if you do it for too long.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,578 Posts
Bad...brake torquing is bad...Even doing it every once-in-awhile is bad for your tranny. You're going to end up blowing it if you continue that.

JR
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Aug 28 2004, 10:54 PM
Thats why I am glad mine is still under warantee. wooohooo.
LOL :lol2: i laughed pretty hard after reading that one....wish they made fucking MT tauruses and sables though.... <_<
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
oh ya i know but what i meant to say actually is i wish they still made mt tauruses and sables
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 28 2004, 10:49 PM
Bad...brake torquing is bad...Even doing it every once-in-awhile is bad for your tranny. You're going to end up blowing it if you continue that.

JR
It's not THAT bad. All it's doing is heating up the fluid in the torque converter. All you have to do is change your trans fluid more often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Originally posted by Anemicmargarita@Aug 28 2004, 03:42 PM
I was trying to find driving technique on how to go faster and ive found it. come to a complete stop and put your left foot on the brake and hold it firm, then press all the way down on the gas and let it sit for a sec or so then let off the brake. then when your car hits around 35 MPH let off the gas all the way then jam it again and if you get it right it should peel out while shifting into second and put u back in your seat. Make sure you have it only in Drive not overdrive. This works so well because the letting off of the gas and appling again sends the torque to the wheels and has a back braking effect. You Gen II vulcan guys try it out till you get it.
Word of advice- don't do that very often. When my dad was younger he was driving his parent's car somewhere and tried to do that. The engine flipped completly over in the engine compartment because the torque twisted the engine mounts right off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Word of advice- don't do that very often. When my dad was younger he was driving his parent's car somewhere and tried to do that. The engine flipped completly over in the engine compartment because the torque twisted the engine mounts right off.
i've got one thing to say: :bs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
He has pictures, but we dont have a scanner. It was his mom's 67 buick or cadilac or something. Power windows and locks were new. If I can find someone with a scanner, I'll scan them and show ya.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,277 Posts
sumbuddy was due for new motor mounts.... :lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
You'll Never have to worry about that w/ANY Taurus/Sable... even w/bad mounts! LOL!!!!! Torque? What's that???

:rolleyes: B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
So you're saying that we can hold the brakes and squeel the tires as much as we want? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,708 Posts
not really. it will just explode things.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Aug 28 2004, 10:54 PM
Thats why I am glad mine is still under warantee.  wooohooo.
Not if they figure you abused it or busted it while racing......(D'OH!!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Aug 28 2004, 10:54 PM
Thats why I am glad mine is still under warantee. wooohooo.
thats what i thought too...and it was fine for the time that it was under warantee...now, its getting ugly. its kinda funny tho, u sound like me about 7 months ago
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Aug 29 2004, 04:57 PM
Word of advice- don't do that very often. When my dad was younger he was driving his parent's car somewhere and tried to do that. The engine flipped completly over in the engine compartment because the torque twisted the engine mounts right off.
I can guarantee that will NEVER happen to any vulcan powered vehicle. Even if your mounts are made out of duct tape, and it's a $10,000 "race Vulcan" would that ever happen. :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top