Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....I was testing out my 92 SHO, because i got it running and stuff, and then when driving it around, a frame bushing snapped off, and rolled on the ground, then I turned around and picked up the bushing off of the ground. I also noticed that the frame is sagging on the front passenger side, so I believe its a good indication that well...thats the one that broke. Well....the question I have is, is that I want to replace all the frame bushings, and I'm not quite sure what they're called at www.fordparts.com, I know they all say Sable, and Taurus, but I know the frame of the SHO and Taurus are the same, so the bushings should fit. But, I'm not sure which ones to buy to replace all 4 of them, and fix up the issue, and if this is covered by any sort of warranty by ford, that would be even better, because then I could get the problem fixed for free. With my luck, I'll just be replacing them myself....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I just looked it up at NHTSA, and I didn't look up the vin number, but mine snapped, and it definately didn't look like it was replaced. I'm just hoping they won't give me any bs about the fact its an SHO.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
that recall depends where the car was sold. If it was sold in az then the recall doesn't cover it, but if it was sold in michigan then the recall does cover it. The recall only covers cars sold in the rust belt states.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This car was originally owned by a guy in New Jersey, so it is considered to be in the rust belt, so it should definately covered, considering that I'm in New York, and it was sold in NJ. So I did luck out in that sense.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...apparently, I went to the dealership, and they won't do it because they say it goes by vin, so I called ford Customer care, and they say the same exact thing. They won't life a finger to help me, they just say basically since its the SHO, and the fact that its not covered because its not a vin thats covered, so they won't do it. I checked Carfax, and it was originally sold in New Jersey, and the NHTSA campaign says that if it was sold or registered in NJ, then its covered, but ford said it isn't, and since mine snapped, I think they should do it, but I have no idea what to do, so I ask if anyone can give me an idea to try and get this done, because I can't find the bolt, or reinforcement plate on their parts website, so that shoots down, so I'd have to buy it at a dealer, which they'd charge me an arm and a leg, also, if the dealership were to do it, they'd charge me a minimum of 250 dollars, so, I'm open to suggestions, otherwise, I'm gonna sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.