Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an AirHog filter with my 10% discount at Wally World :D . As I was installing it the Blue Angels were flying around and one of them came right over me so I looked up and bumped the radiator hose with my hand. Needless to say it hurt like a mofo. I got it installed and took it out for a test drive and the stupid check engine light came on. I pulled into a gas station and popped the hood. The MAF sensor was unplugged. I zip-tied the thing on there so it would actually stay. Anyway, back to the test drive. I noticed my car had a lot more get-up-and-go. I have never had a K&N filter so I don't know how it compares to one of those. For my '92 vulcan the filter was about 40 bucks w/o my discount.

BTW, the Blue Angels were in La Crosse today for Airfest. Since La Crosse is not that big everyone lives close enough to the airport to see them flying around.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What Wal-mart do you work at? I have been to 2 Wal-marts looking for these and neither of them know what I am talking about.

$40? I heard a couple of weeks ago they were $25. If they're $40, I might as well get a K&N for $10 more. The only reason I have been wanting to buy an Airhog is because I thought they were 1/2 the price, and I wanted to see if "you get what you pay for" applied here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you hear $25? I guess it's possible some of them might be that cheap. The Wal-Mart I work at is in Onalaska, Wisconsin so I guess you could drive all the way out here if you really wanted to. :lol: I have heard that they are comparable to the K&N filters though, I haven't actually driven one with a K&N filter to know for sure. It does help the throttle response on my car. If you don't like it, just return it, the managers usually will take them back because they don't want to upset anyone. We've been getting heaters back that were bought last winter and we'll probably be getting a few air conditioners back when winter comes. :rolleyes: If the customer told them to jump off a cliff I bet they would. :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah Yeah Im a grave digger, but I was just wondering if there were any more guys who had tried the Airhog filter?

I Bought one for $40. and It sounds and feels a lot better!!! Never had a K&N drop in to compare to so I cant say for sure, but It defenitly feels better. This was something to tide me over until I can catch a break form work to port my extra intake manifold and put my custom intake on.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
From what I've read, the Fram AirHog and K&N seem to be similar...The only reason I went with the K&N was because it's been around and I've had them in other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
K&N pwn3s!

Actually, I don't know how it compares to the Airhog, since I don't have one to test it out. If anyone has a Airhog for a Gen III 'tec, send it to me, and I'll compare them! :lol2:

I do like the K&N though. It, coupled with the removed intake silencer makes the car sound so damn mean!

JR

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I have a K&N cone filter on my car. I love the sound.

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts