Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to the New England weather.

From Pawtucket to Bristol maybe 40 miles equals four hours of a hellish commute.
My wife got home in a half an hour when the schools let out early.

Four hours stuck in traffic is hell on wheels not to mention people are idiots
on the roads and then the Suv drivers is another story. SUV + Speeding = ditch.

On the bright side when i got home jill had used the snow thrower and cleared
everything. Damn she is so great. :notworthy:

here's an edit:
until 9 at night i was getting calls for kids missing on school buses in providence.
60 buses were stranded and kids on them.

The mayor of Providence should be ashamed of himself.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
That's why I'm glad school was cancelled so I didn't have a 40 mile commute in this weather as well.

The SUV thing is rediculous. So many people think, "Oh, I've got four wheel drive, I can go fast!" Then they realize that stopping is the same as in any other car.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Campus closed @ noon for us, My last class not affected by this was out @ 11. By 11:30 I was almost home, and it just started coming down...no flurries...it was like BAM snow. Here are some pictures from tonight, we definitely got at least a foot.

This was after I had cleared it off....

the short flat driveway

the bull and the brothers tracer

this is so sad. :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
Took me 9 hours to get home from Westerly to Cranston, about 40 miles. Left at 1:30, walked in the door at 10:20.

95 was fine, 295 was the problem. Tractor trailers (which now have to take 295N as opposed to 95N) were getting stuck going up hills, resulting in traffic sitting still for 3 hours. Then, when we got moving again, I took my exit, which was unplowed, and discovered a UPS tractor trailer stuck right in the middle of the exit.

All because everyone involved in snow removal was unprepared.

I was so pissed, it's not like the storm snuck up on us!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took me 9 hours to get home from Westerly to Cranston, about 40 miles. Left at 1:30, walked in the door at 10:20.

95 was fine, 295 was the problem. Tractor trailers (which now have to take 295N as opposed to 95N) were getting stuck going up hills, resulting in traffic sitting still for 3 hours. Then, when we got moving again, I took my exit, which was unplowed, and discovered a UPS tractor trailer stuck right in the middle of the exit.

[/b]
wow your commute sucked :lol2:

do you think the state workers were getting the governor back
for the recent lay off's. :dunno:

i heard providence was just unreal, roads not plowed, buses with kids stranded.
on metacom i got behind a statie and just followed him passing cars, when my turn
came up he waved and i beeped, it was like love at first sight. :huh:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You guys are usually prepared for stuff like that

I remember one time I was staying in Foxoboro and it snowed 6 inches during the evening and over night.

They had all the roads cleared by the time we got up the next day

Mike
B)

·
Registered
799 Posts

I remember one time I was staying in Foxoboro and it snowed 6 inches during the evening and over night.

Mike
B)
[/b]
Most times they do a really good job Mike. Mass is usually a little better than RI, but never this bad. Like riso said, our retarded governor laid a bunch of state workers off a couple weeks ago. Maybe some were highway workers, not sure, or maybe they were trying to make the gov. look bad.

The only reason we made it off the exit was because a private plow guy with an F350 and a sander needed to get off the same exit, and offered to the staties to plow it so we could get out.

Speaking of staties, the three that were on the scene were female. Their winter uniforms are cute. :)

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts

[/b]

Holy crap, It took me three hours to do my 35 mile commute from Westboro to North Attleboro (I got out early at 2:15) and my friend took 7 hours to get from Brighton to Mansfield (He got out at 4), about 35-40 miles. 9 Hours is a LONG time. I hear a lot of people ran out of gas stuck in traffic also.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I didn't notice anyone that ran out of gas, but there were a few people that would keep shutting their car off and start it back up again when they got cold. I was glad I filled up before I left Westerly!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
OT: Does the bull have silverstar turn signals? I see the blue tint in the lenses.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
OT: Does the bull have silverstar turn signals? I see the blue tint in the lenses.
[/b]

mine? yes it does :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I once knew a man from Pawtucket
Who shoveled his snow with a bucket
He bent over you see,
The walk was icy,
and now when he poops he says **** it.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This morning I wake up and jill says she needs to tell me something.
At this point i'm like great something happen.

She tells me on her way home thursday during the storm she was on 24.
A young girl in a car slid into a ditch, and the girl kept trying to rock it out
of the ditch. Jill circled around and no one had stopped to help her.
Jill pulled over and walked to her and the girl was crying that she didn't have
money to get a tow truck. So two woman together decided to use the winch on
Jill's truck.
Now whats more amazing the two girls took the time to read the manual.
They followed step by step hooking up the winch to the chasis and putting car in neutral.
they both got the car out of the ditch and the girl and my wife spent sometime chatting
and then both left.

She didn't want to tell me because i keep telling her to stop helping strangers when she's
alone. Don;t get me wrong i'm happy but some people are just ********.

·
michelle
1,364 Posts

A young girl in a car slid into a ditch, and the girl kept trying to rock it out
Jill's truck.
They followed step by step hooking up the winch to the chasis and putting car in neutral.
they both got the car out of the ditch and the girl and my wife spent sometime chatting
and then both left.

She didn't want to tell me because i keep telling her to stop helping strangers when she's
[/b]
Wow, you got quite the wife there! That's a very nice thing to do, but I can understand your worry too.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class='quotemain'>

Jill's truck.
and then both left.

[/b]
Wow, you got quite the wife there! That's a very nice thing to do, but I can understand your worry too.
[/b][/quote]
yea she is awesome. jesus she has to put up with me afterall and that is no small feat.
I do come up with funny stuff for her though.

"I don;t give a **** what star you are following, get the camel off my grass." :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotemain'>

Mike
B)
[/b]
Most times they do a really good job Mike. Mass is usually a little better than RI, but never this bad. Like riso said, our retarded governor laid a bunch of state workers off a couple weeks ago. Maybe some were highway workers, not sure, or maybe they were trying to make the gov. look bad.

The only reason we made it off the exit was because a private plow guy with an F350 and a sander needed to get off the same exit, and offered to the staties to plow it so we could get out.

Speaking of staties, the three that were on the scene were female. Their winter uniforms are cute. :)
[/b][/quote]
man i have never had or seen a female statie with me. i always get the huge males. :lol2:

Next time i will request a female, then you know i will get the 40 yo with a mustache. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:banana: six more inches on the ground now another two of slush. makes
for great driving and of course its my call weekend. :lol2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

Mike
B)
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
man i have never had or seen a female statie with me. i always get the huge males. :lol2:

Next time i will request a female, then you know i will get the 40 yo with a mustache. :lol2:
[/b][/quote]

Two of them looked like men, but one was wicked cute. Blonde, petite, and she had one of those hats with the ear flaps on. Made the ordeal a little more bearable.... :)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Something about a woman with a gun and earflaps just does it for me

Mike
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts