Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on ebay early this morning and have been discussing it with the owner. It is in a Ranger but the upper intake he modified was from the fwd version of the engine. He does not have any pics of the intake (I asked). His price might be a bit high but then again, it seems to be a one-of-a-kind setup. Also of note he uses the FFV version of the Vulcan. Can this work on ours? Perhaps, but hood clearance issues come to mind.

Vulcan Supercharger for sale

After getting beat out on that last centrifugal SC set up I'm not sure I want to spend the $1300 this guy's asking. That and I am still considering getting that Bondurant SHO, would be fun at the ROTB

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did he mention how old and how long its been used? Thats a good price for that...comparing it to Knights Turbos kit for the Vulcan.

Dont mean to go off topic here, but, can the vulcan block be bored out to a 3.3?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Moranav6racing has a stroker motor that is a 3.3 liter. Its a radical engine, but pretty beefy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you're serious about picking up a Bondo SHO, email me. I know a guy that has a couple that he is selling for cheap.

The one on eBay right now will never pull more than 2k.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Bondo SHO's you mentioned. Are they 5 Spd's? What kind of mileage do they have and of course have they been wrung out or are they in good shape? I am shopping for 2 cars right now. One for ROTB and the other just to play with. I just missed out on that other supercharger set up so instead of searching for another, I turned my sights to this nice little Porsche 928S I found for sale locally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts