Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My one 2001 Taurus is suffering from a bad case of salt rot but still safe and running good. Kind of waiting until an expensive repair comes up and then off to the scrap yard($275 for scrap). It has 190k miles and I would like to hit 200k but I think the passenger wheel bearing is on it's way out. I was looking online to find the cheapest part but decent quality since I am expecting the car only lasting till winter. I found Amazon had "used" Moog bearings with slight cosmetic damage but perfectly good sourced by Amazon Warehouse. Total to my house with Amazon Prime for $15.01. I opened the original box and can't find any damage or issues. New Moog was in the $47 range. Seems tight and smooth sounding.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one hell of a deal!
Went back on line and they have another for around $16. I probably would have not replaced it unless it was cheap. Hopefully the old one pops out relatively easy. Driverside took a lot of beating to pop two years ago. I may try backing nuts out a hair and pound on the heads a little and then a chisel up front. I have a pneumatic hammer attachment air chisel. My 2006 only took a few hits.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The best part about replacing an old worn out hub is how satisfyingly quiet it is when you are done :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Hornswaggle
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing