Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t get the spreadsheet to open, does anyone have a copy? Does anyone have any info on adding PP steering to a non PP SHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Signal_13 - I did this, exactly as DunDun pasted. I did this a few days ago, and I liked the heavy feel around turns. Feels safer and more "heavy duty." However, it will trip your "Service AdvanceTrac" light, so that sucks. I put mine back to "light" for that reason.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Alrighty another update, I contacted DigitFreak about their LensDump website and long story short they screwed me. I'm unbanned but all the pictures are completely gone. I'm gonna have to redo all the photos so I'm gonna see what I can find and get the tutorials back up and functioning.

@whitsonta, I'll take a look when I can. Whatever it was I found a while ago worked for me and a few others without issues. It could be some PPs bay not have the edit depending on the year which would be odd, but I've seen weirder. Did you attempt the change in the as-built to what I discovered and feel any difference?

@Smitty79, the TPMS display cannot be shown unfortunately. Our gauge clusters do not support it. The gauge clusters in the Explorer and Fusion in newer models are actually different hardware and software, even though they look the same as ours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Signal_13 - I did this, exactly as DunDun pasted. I did this a few days ago, and I liked the heavy feel around turns. Feels safer and more "heavy duty." However, it will trip your "Service AdvanceTrac" light, so that sucks. I put mine back to "light" for that reason.
Yea, it tripped mine but after doing few DTC code resets and I think there were some messages about AdvanceTrac the eventually light disappeared. Weird.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yea, it tripped mine but after doing few DTC code resets and I think there were some messages about AdvanceTrac the eventually light disappeared. Weird.
So you were able to keep a “5” / heavy steering and get rid of the light by clearing DTCs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alrighty another update, I contacted DigitFreak about their LensDump website and long story short they screwed me. I'm unbanned but all the pictures are completely gone. I'm gonna have to redo all the photos so I'm gonna see what I can find and get the tutorials back up and functioning.

@whitsonta, I'll take a look when I can. Whatever it was I found a while ago worked for me and a few others without issues. It could be some PPs bay not have the edit depending on the year which would be odd, but I've seen weirder. Did you attempt the change in the as-built to what I discovered and feel any difference?

@Smitty79, the TPMS display cannot be shown unfortunately. Our gauge clusters do not support it. The gauge clusters in the Explorer and Fusion in newer models are actually different hardware and software, even though they look the same as ours.
I tried to change it but it got all cranky and threw a code and wanted the AdvanceTrack serviced, so I reverted back to the factory setting. The Active Nibble (Numble?) control and the Torque Steer Compensation both had the same results.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Interesting. It could be a PSCM difference depending in if it'll take it or not, but that wouldn't make sense. Can you send a picture of your as-built with the heavy steering modification and all the DTCs you're getting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What sucks is the gauge cluster in the newer models is actually different, even though it looks the same. The hardware is slightly different and it actually lacks a few features, but gains in other categories. So for 2013, 2014, and I believe 2015, you cannot activate a digital speedometer readout.
there is a guy says i can update it to you to enable digital speedometer with the 2013 taurus

·
Registered
5 Posts
there is a guy says i can update it to you to enable digital speedometer with the 2013 taurus

Would love to hear more about this!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, he won't tell how he managed to do it. Because he owns a store and makes profit from that. I am here just to give you hope guys :) it is possible

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a heads up. For my 2016 SHO, non-PP w/nav, I was able to enable the AWD gauge but found that for some reason it changed the speed limit sign in the nav menu on the right side to a red circle like the EU sign, which bugged me. I found the following on another Ford forum that worked for me. It just doesn't have a label for the display. Not sure how to fix that.

IPC: 720-01-02
*XXX-XXXX-XXZZ
Changed from an 8 to a 2.

Also, anyone have any ideas on how to enable the Obstacle Detection Indicator on the stereo?

Mine has the lane keep, blind spot, backup sensors and adaptive cruise control. According to the 2018 manual, it shows the little car diagram with blocks that use the sensors to tell show how close stuff is.

I tried the Outside Air Temp and Flank Guard Setting under Sync3 but that didn't make a difference. I can't imagine that added more sensors or that anything is much different than mine, but who knows.

It would be cool to make the side mirror tilt in reverse like the MKS does, but that's probably just wishful thinking lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I find that hard to believe with what he's saying. I wanna see that for myself. For maybe 2016-2019, that's a possibility because there's a slight hardware difference in the gauge cluster. 2014-2015 also has a hardware difference. However for 2013, I can confirm that even with the latest firmware, I physically cannot find a digital speedometer to input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello mate
what if i told you there is someone say that he can enable for my16
Climate control
TPMS

There are alot who dont know that ford taurus really dont support these primitive features, sadly they think we are same as explorer

only prog_legend maybe know how,but i saw a video for him changing the cluster for my13 with 2016 one so i am not sure if he can

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Hello mate
what if i told you there is someone say that he can enable for my16
Climate control
TPMS

There are alot who dont know that ford taurus really dont support these primitive features, sadly they think we are same as explorer

only prog_legend maybe know how,but i saw a video for him changing the cluster for my13 with 2016 one so i am not sure if he can
I'd have to see it to believe it. Unless he loads a completely different firmware than what's supposed to be on that version of the cluster, I couldn't personally find any ability to enable climate on a non 2013.

Also quick update for y'all, I can't update my posts for some reason to fix the pictures so I'm waiting for responses from admins which I still haven't received.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great article ! I have programmed the appropriate key and enabled the factory remote start in the BCM and IPC on my 15 Taurus, but im having some trouble, hopefully one of you can help me out. I press lock and start twice... the horn chirps and the running lights flash..... but no start... Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great article ! I have programmed the appropriate key and enabled the factory remote start in the BCM and IPC on my 15 Taurus, but im having some trouble, hopefully one of you can help me out. I press lock and start twice... the horn chirps and the running lights flash..... but no start... Any ideas?
On my 13 taurus remote start gets disabled if the check engine light is on

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah read into that. all my modules are free of codes..
The remote start system does not work if any of the following occur:
• The ignition is on.
• The anti-theft alarm triggers.
• You switch off the feature.
• The hood is open.
• The transmission is not in park (P).
• The battery voltage is below the minimum operating voltage.
• The service engine soon indicator was on the last time your vehicle was driven.

source: car manual page 46

121 - 140 of 140 Posts