Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't look like it at first, but once you click to go to the Ford site, it is updated for the 05 MY, now you can check out the new design and specs for your new 05 Taurus ;) Or any other Ford vehicle for that matter :)

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
the 05 duratec has duals :( :( :(

Dual – stainless steel with Catalytic Converter System

im soo jealous!!

oh yeah, they have a spelling error.. it says DEAR drum brakes not rear lol

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I was on there this afternoon. It looks good, but where's the build your Ford for the new Mustang? I've been waiting so long...they were supposed to be on lots starting on Sept 29th, but no one has them yet.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Oct 5 2004, 04:31 PM
i think that is just dual cats not dual exhaust

lol that is great about the dear brakes
it says under exhaust, Dual

I think it really does mean dual exhaust..can anyone confirm this one way or the other?!?!??! I might wanna get a set off a wrecked 05 as soon as some stupid 16 YOgets one from his mommy and daddy LOL

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That would be cool if Ford went back to the dual exhuast, although I doubt they have. They're cutting costs and options on the Taurus platform so much...I don't think they'd bring anything like that back.

JR

G

·
The 05 'tec has 203 HP and 207 torque... that power had to come from somewhere... :unsure: But, I do doubt the dual exhaust, but we'll see. :)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want the homelink transmitter, wonder how hard that would be to convert..... hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Homelink is awsome. Honda had it for some reason...you can hook up lights and garage doors all up. Supoosedly you even make buttons on your TV remote work on it, I should try that....lol. Wouldnt it be a direct swap, since its just built into the sun visor? Is there some sorta power wire or is there a battery in Ford's?

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Nick986@Oct 5 2004, 07:38 PM
Homelink is awsome. Honda had it for some reason...you can hook up lights and garage doors all up. Supoosedly you even make buttons on your TV remote work on it, I should try that....lol. Wouldnt it be a direct swap, since its just built into the sun visor? Is there some sorta power wire or is there a battery in Ford's?
No idea, maybe someone can confirm? My problem will be that my interior is a special one, the interior of the sports was a special two tone dark charcoal gray.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wasnt' there supposed to be one last redesign or update for 2006 or so? what about anything on a special model..like an SVT..to make it go out with a bang, any news on that?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Oct 5 2004, 07:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Oct 5 2004, 07:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick986@Oct 5 2004, 07:38 PM
Homelink is awsome.  Honda had it for some reason...you can hook up lights and garage doors all up.  Supoosedly you even make buttons on your TV remote work on it, I should try that....lol.  Wouldnt it be a direct swap, since its just built into the sun visor?  Is there some sorta power wire or is there a battery in Ford's?
No idea, maybe someone can confirm? My problem will be that my interior is a special one, the interior of the sports was a special two tone dark charcoal gray. [/b][/quote]
youre just bragging about your two toned blah blah blah

btw my has car has really nice two toned interior too! Dark dark charcoal gray and a light gray : drool :

G

·
Originally posted by n2_space@Oct 5 2004, 04:34 PM
I want the homelink transmitter, wonder how hard that would be to convert..... hmmm.....
If it is on the visor, you might be able to swap the visors out and just hope that the homelink runs of the mirror light power.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT+Oct 7 2004, 01:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XLSuruaT @ Oct 7 2004, 01:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-n2_space@Oct 5 2004, 04:34 PM
If it is on the visor, you might be able to swap the visors out and just hope that the homelink runs of the mirror light power.[/b][/quote]

I have the Homelink setup in our 2004 Grandma Marquis; it's a set of 3 buttons in the overhead console. Some FoMoCos have them on the driver's visor though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts