That looks like a Caprice with a Taurus oval grill opening. Fugly

·
Registered
283 Posts
that is a crappy bull.i've seen models of ricers that are better than that

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It looks like one of the cars that come with most HO scale train sets.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Revell does make a police package Gen II that's pretty nice. I've thought about getting one, but I have way too many models to get to.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
The gen 1 models were made by AMT and are pretty nice. There is an 89 and a 90-91 version with the revised dash and headlights. There were civilian, Robocop and generic police versions. Some had California Highway Patrol decals and some police equipment. The only really bad apperance part is that the headlights are chrome plastic instead of clear.

For a while a few years back, there was an aftermarket company that made a gen 1 station wagon body that used parts from the sedan kit. Long out of production, these show up on eBay occasionally as well. Several years ago there was an article in Scale Auto Enthusiast magazine about converting a gen 1 Taurus model into a Sable.

There were also promotional (molded in color, preassembled) gen 1 models in red, black, white and silver.

Consider that the Atlas gen 3 model shown is less than an inch long when commenting on its apperance. They also make it in HO scale, which is about 2" long and looks somewhat better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts