Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Ford Taurus
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm pretty new here but I've searched through many forums before.

I have really been wanting to do something about the dim headlights on my 2015 Ford Taurus. When I'm on an open country road I can see fine, but anytime I'm on the highway or in town with light pollution I can't see anything. I upgraded my stock headlights to Lumen G8 (9012) LED's from CARiD but it really didn't help the visibility as much as I thought it would. For some time I've wanted to buy these LED DRL from Drive Bright, but $170 seems like a lot to pay for that.
I was curious what other Taurus owners have done or if they've even had the same problem with visibility at all. If there are any other alternatives to Drive Bright I'd love to see any links. Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
320 Posts
Hi, I'm pretty new here but I've searched through many forums before.

I have really been wanting to do something about the dim headlights on my 2015 Ford Taurus. When I'm on an open country road I can see fine, but anytime I'm on the highway or in town with light pollution I can't see anything. I upgraded my stock headlights to Lumen G8 (9012) LED's from CARiD but it really didn't help the visibility as much as I thought it would. For some time I've wanted to buy these LED DRL from Drive Bright, but $170 seems like a lot to pay for that.
I was curious what other Taurus owners have done or if they've even had the same problem with visibility at all. If there are any other alternatives to Drive Bright I'd love to see any links. Thanks!
Those are DRL‘s, and I don’t think those will give you much more light than your headlights at night.

I’m not super familiar but if memory serves me right, you have halogen projectors on that car. Is that right? I don’t know if you would be able to swap out the bulbs, and use the same projectors, for HID lights. Those would be really bright. I’m certain somebody here would have more information or you might want to ask that specific question. There are a lot of places to get HIDs, but I grabbed two sets from DDMtuning.com and they are both still working well seven years later. Great price, great service (one of my ballasts was DOA and they simply had me cut the wire, take a picture of it, and email the photo. The next day my replacement ballast was on its way).

If you can’t get a better bulb, you might consider some driving lights. One of the sets of HIDs that I purchased are used in an inexpensive set of fog lamps. Fog lamps are going to be more of a spot beam and it’s nice because the headlamp will light up a wide section of the road and these fog lamps have a narrower and more distant pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts