Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one seen the new 2005 taurus talk about nice, i tried to get a thing on the new ford 500 but they was all out, i was mad, the new taurus has a message center where u can find out your true gas mileage,distance to empty, and other important messages, sounds like a winner,now comes with auto dimming mirrors, im thinking about test driving one of theses, they are very nice, plus it pays to know the sales man and the owner of the stealer ship

G

·
The 500 should have all of that too. The message center is a carry over from 2004. I'd go with the 500, better drivetrain, better chasis, 4 wheel disc, etc.

·
Registered
511 Posts
if u can get an SEL bargained down to 21K or so or even less go for it. (like at the end of the model year).
that would be a 2004 though. i saw some SES 04s at the 15K range at my ford dealer. Or you could wait till the Fusion / Milan comes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw a 500 at the dealership when I was getting my Sable...I can't lie, it was hot. So is this what they're killing the Taurus/Sable for? Aren't there supposed to be something like two other vehicles that are also supposed to come in as the Taurus exits?

If the 500 is the replacement, I'd have to say the Ford Mid-Size Sedan legacy is in good hands, barring any poor build quality/design issues.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by mjolley@Oct 20 2004, 12:23 PM
I saw a 500 at the dealership when I was getting my Sable...I can't lie, it was hot. So is this what they're killing the Taurus/Sable for? Aren't there supposed to be something like two other vehicles that are also supposed to come in as the Taurus exits?

If the 500 is the replacement, I'd have to say the Ford Mid-Size Sedan legacy is in good hands, barring any poor build quality/design issues.
Kinda sorta.... the upcoming Futura (oh wait, what is it now, the 400?) will be a bit smaller than the Taurus, the 500 is a tad bigger, but still smaller than the Crown Vic.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
is the 400 supose to be the size of the contor?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by crackhead@Oct 20 2004, 02:15 PM
is the 400 supose to be the size of the contor?
that's about how big the futura is...the futura may even be smaller

so jeremy, wtf, did they really rename it to the 400? i thought the 400 was going to be the 500 without as many niceties (sp?)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
It will be called Fusion. Futura is trademarked by Pep Boys for their brand of tires.

·
Registered
511 Posts
mercury milan will be mercurys version of the fusion with bigger wheels...lets pray it comes out looking like the concept drawing...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
G

·
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Oct 21 2004, 05:27 PM
hmm..if futura=fusion=400, i could easily see the ford version of that being branded the 400
They've already made the Fusion name final. :)

Zephyr is teh new hotness... we should be seeing it this time next year. B)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
the Zephyr is a hot car, but its under powered. Too much show and not enough GO! It will arrive with the 3L Duratec, and after a year or so, it will ship with the Duratec 35 and the 6spd auto.

The Fusion/Milan is about the same size as the Contour/Mystique, maybe a tiny bit bigger. With a Duratec 35 and 6spd manual, it will be extremely competitive with the Acura TL, BMW 330i, Nissan Altima SE-R, etc, etc.... and cost much less. The Milan is based on the Mazda 6 platform.... which is proving to be a very popular inexpensive sport sedan.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I've also heard rumors of the 500's platform being able to accept the Volvo (Yamaha) XC90 V8 engine in the AWD version. That would be BAD-AZZ.

G

·
Originally posted by n2_space+Oct 21 2004, 09:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Oct 21 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-XLSuruaT@Oct 21 2004, 08:15 PM
zephyr > * ford sedans in the us

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Lincoln-Zephyr-FA-Studio-1280x960.jpg' alt='' width='1280' height='960' class='attach' />[/url]

[url=http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Lincoln-Zephyr.htm]more pics[/url] [/b][/quote]
teh new hotness :cool_shades: [/b][/quote]
the front kinda looks like the BMW 745 Li....I LIKE IT! *two thumbs WAY up*

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
v8 in 500=great idea..esp yamaha motor :D

zephyr=teh hotness

i'm glad that ford's finally coming out with something that will compete with the listed sedans from acura, bmw, etc. it seems like we've fallen a bit behind, but we're not out just yet ;)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Oct 22 2004, 09:09 AM
I've also heard rumors of the 500's platform being able to accept the Volvo (Yamaha) XC90 V8 engine in the AWD version. That would be BAD-AZZ.
to me it sounds like a very logical step for Ford. The 500 is a big car, and competes with the likes of Audi A6, VW Passat. Both offer AWD and since the Volvo XC90 is also AWD (which I'm pretty certain the 500 uses the same drivetrain, or one derived from the XC90), everything should be a direct swap. If Ford wants to compete in the premium large sedan market, they need an engine larger than the Duratec 35 to serve as the top pf the line like a 4.4L DOHC V8 with AWD.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts