Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been meaning to do this for god knows how long, so I'll do it. Photos of my car. I took them by the bay on a particularly miserable day. But anyways enjoy.

Attachments

G

·
Wiiiiieeeerrrrrddddd.... it's like my Sable and Ashley's Taurus mated! Made the color and everything. I think she has daddy's "eyes" he he he

Nice Taurus!

I think it's a too bad that didn't add the hand brake in the US that woulda been bad ass.

Sal

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow, it looks backwards compared to what I'm used to. Car looks great wooza! Whats the horsepower raiting for your car?

HA! I won a bet with my sister on the pedals...they are switched! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 1 2004, 04:58 AM
Wiiiiieeeerrrrrddddd.... it's like my Sable and Ashley's Taurus mated! Made the color and everything. I think she has daddy's "eyes" he he he

Nice Taurus!

I think it's a too bad that didn't add the hand brake in the US that woulda been bad ass.

Sal
B) Got Momma's great ass!

But geez, I couldn't drive that... It's all switched around.... :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+Aug 1 2004, 09:45 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ Aug 1 2004, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Aug 1 2004, 04:58 AM

Nice Taurus!

Sal
B) Got Momma's great ass!

But geez, I couldn't drive that... It's all switched around.... :( [/b][/quote]
It's more of a mindfsck driving, you go to make a left turn and since turning left in the US, you go towards the middle of the road for the turn lane... you find yourself going right instead... hard to explain, but it can screw ya up a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Aug 1 2004, 09:36 AM

Um, actually, it looks like you lost that bet. :icon_cry: The pedals are in the same places. Gas on right, brake on left.

Anyway, lookin' good wozza! :chili: :coolgleam:

G

·
Looks great! B) Do you have rear disc brakes? It's hard to tell from the picture... I'd love to get a hold of a center console out of that to put in a handbrake (if I still had my Gen 3) ;) Also, what does Ghia mean?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Aug 1 2004, 12:10 PM
Looks great! B) Do you have rear disc brakes? It's hard to tell from the picture... I'd love to get a hold of a center console out of that to put in a handbrake (if I still had my Gen 3) ;) Also, what does Ghia mean?
I believe the "GHIA" is the US's version of the LX

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Nice!!! Love the rims :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Aug 1 2004, 12:10 PM
I was thinking the same thing... it'd be awesome to have that console so we can have the hand brake.... When I saw that I was like son of a ........! I WANT IT! :p

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Nice, I really envy you for the handbrake...the mischief I can do with that thing... :blink:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0+Aug 1 2004, 11:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97GreenStreak3.0 @ Aug 1 2004, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick986@Aug 1 2004, 09:36 AM

Um, actually, it looks like you lost that bet. :icon_cry: The pedals are in the same places. Gas on right, brake on left.

Anyway, lookin' good wozza! :chili: :coolgleam: [/b][/quote]
Ohhhh i see it now. Drat, i'm out 10 bucks. Oh well..... :(

·
Registered
746 Posts
i hate to be the bearer of bad news... but ford put your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. you might want to have a little word with them about that.

;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by wozza@Aug 1 2004, 02:21 AM
Ok, I have been meaning to do this for god knows how long, so I'll do it. Photos of my car. I took them by the bay on a particularly miserable day. But anyways enjoy.
Forgot to ask... Where in VIC are you? You mention the bay, so I'm going to assume the Melbourne area... but what city?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in a Suburb called Brighton. Its like the nice area of Melbourne. The car has a Duratec engine, and its rated at 149kw (i think its the same as the American one).
The Ghia is pretty much the LX, its what Ford puts on Top of the range models here.
And yes it does have rear discs.

mmm, hope I answered everything

Julian

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I wish I could have the front bumper.

Nice car!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts