Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is what I have done, vacuumed the system for two hours, then held the system over night and no leak was observed. Tried to fill the system and flow approx. 12 oz and the clutch did not engage or the compressor came on. Thought that the refrigerant was low and that is why the clutch won't come on. I have tried to jump the low pressure cut-off switch by removing the cable and put a paper clip in the two holes in the wire side (female side), not the male connector on top of the dryer and it did not work. Went to the clutch relay switch and jump it the same way but engaged the clutch and was able to charge the system with 34 oz. So, now I am stuck, I put the required feron and the compressor is brand new! why the clutch and the compressor won't come back on? Checked all possible related fuses and don't see anything that is not working. What should I look into next? Please give me some details since this is new to me and trying to learn it.
One more detail, It seems like the fan is cycling, when it is on, the ac pressure is stable while I have the paper clip on the ac clutch relay. However, when the fan is off, the high side pressure escalate fast. not sure what this suppose to mean!
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check fuse #22 (10A) in underhood power distribution box. the fuse locations are printed on the underside of lid.
Yeah, I have checked this fuse after the installation and it was burnt, so replaced it and still compressor or engine fans are not working

1 - 9 of 9 Posts