Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so maybe I'm going a tad bit off thread here, but then again, this is mildly Taurus related.

Do you guys remember the SHOgun? SHO motor shoved into the back of a Festiva? The first-gen SHO was a quick car in its own right, being compared with higher performance cars from BMW, and Audi, but I would kill for a ride (less yet a drive) in this thing!

'Fun' would probably not even begin to describe this thing!

Attachments

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
We've got a member who has the last one without an engine. Last I saw he was debating on whether to put a Duratec or a SHO V6 in it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I forget his name but there is a member on the SHO forum who's building a SHOgun. He's the same guy who dropped a 3.2 MTX4 into an early gen 4.

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
Jay Leno put a 75 shot of nitrous-oxide on his, as if it wasn't quick enough to begin with.

They've got to be a blast to drive, though I've heard that the weight distribution makes them quite tail-happy. Personally, I still prefer the SHO powered dune buggy idea. One of these little pocket rockets would be a cool toy though.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Put a SHO V6 in a Funco sand rail, perhaps? Hmm...usually they put LS motors in those. Could be interesting.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Here is Tom's Dune Buggy, 'The other Woman". This one is of the Boosted Variety. =)

And at the Drag Strip....

-Sam

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
No, there aren't many. This one wasn't finished.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No, there aren't many. This one wasn't finished.
The guy that owns it lives in the same city as me. He has decided to go with the Duratec powerplant and is currently selling off all of his SHO stuff (to match his Noble).

-Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
SHOspazz92
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing