Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Ford Factory Service Manual CD on ebay for 2001 Ford Cars. AFAIK this CD is not copyrighted or restricted from being copied, correct me if I'm wrong. So... with that said, does anybody want a copy?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If this stuff was not Copywritten or restricted, did ya ever wonder why there isn't one in your owners manuel ?? Big question is are you just gonna do this for FREE or is there a charge ?? Can you say Bootleg Boys and Girls, I thought you could

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume there isn't one in the owner's manual simply because that would cost money. I am going to check it out when I get it and make sure it's not copyrighted or anything. If it's not, whoever wants one can just send me a self-addressed, stamped CD media holder and I'll send them one back. CD's are free. I get them when I find rebates that make them free, so I'm not worried about that.

Just to make this clear... I'm definitely going to check thoroughly on copyrights and whatnot before copying and distributing.

If it winds up being copyrighted or something, they're going for 9 bucks shipped on ebay and there are plenty to have. But I figured I could save everyone some money plus they'd have it if they ever need it for their cars.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got the 96. Let me know if its ok to distribute.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Mar 18 2004, 03:59 PM
I will soon have the 2000 manual

-DC

·
Registered
42 Posts
These things are invaluable. If you ever have the chance to get your hands on one, JUMP FOR IT. They contain all the wiring diagrams and diagnostics for your car. I'm amazed that you could get one off eBay. The one I have for the Explorer has CONFIDENTIAL stamped onto it, though Ford did send it to us. Also, I had to sign a NDA in order to use it for my club (CUHEV). I'd be damned if it's not copyrighted, but then again, you're not under NDA and Ford really doesn't know that you have it... The possibilities are endless.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I got the CD today and it is a burnt copy itself. I popped the CD in and just randomly went through some of the stuff and I didn't see anything that had copyrights or anything on it so I'm left to assume it's OK to distribute. Anybody who wants a copy can PM me to get my address then you just need to send me an envelope that contains a self-addressed stamped envelope big enough to hold a CD jewel case. Two stamps is enough for within the US. I will wait about a week or so to get everybody's envelopes then burn them all at once and ship them out. This CD is for the 2001 model year and it probably basically applies to 2000-2003 Tauruses, but definitely 2001.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Mar 18 2004, 03:59 PM
I think yours is OK to distribute, too since the newer ones appear to be.
I couldn't find a single thing that said copyright by anybody or any licensing about distribution or anything anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I got the Workshop information cd from Flatrate tech.

Is this the same one you received.

This one says copyright on the front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts