Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Ford Racing 9mm spark plug wires for Duratec Contour work on a g3 vulcan. What are the best spark plug wires to get for my gen3 vulcan?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Answer to question 1:

No, but they will fit the Taurus Duratec.

I don't have knowledge about the Vulcan, but I would suggest OEM or Autolite premiums.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:werd:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
well, I could be wrong. I looked up the part number for OEM plug wires and the same wires fit the the 'tec as they do the Vulcan.... so yes, you probably can use the Ford Racing wires on your Vulcan. I have them on my Duratec.... can't say they are any better though

G

·
Duratec = OHC
Vulcan = OHV

Wires will not interchange.

Sal
Contour's wires work on a Duratec Sable? Spriget said no, then I got confused???

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Yeah. They definitely wouldn't interchange...OHV wires have very short plug boots, and OHC wires have very long boots, since they need to go all the way into the cylinder head to contact the spark plugs.

I have no idea about whether or not the Contour wires will interchange with the Duratec.

JR

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there any Ford Racing wires that fit a vulcan? What wires would be the best?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by spy2520@Aug 12 2004, 11:46 AM
Are there any Ford Racing wires that fit a vulcan? What wires would be the best?
No, and stock replacment wires are the best. At 140 hp you're not going to pull any power out of a wire.

10 second Grand Prixs are running stock wires. I think a Taurus can probably get away with it also. :)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 12 2004, 05:32 AM
I have no idea about whether or not the Contour wires will interchange with the Duratec.
They do.... I have them... in Red. They are actually listed for a 2000 Cougar 2.5L V6 Duratec. They match the 3L wires perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts