Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this has been discussed before and I have gotten many questions on just what is the best way to put on that tight Teflon seal on the power steering line without ruining it. I had one recently and decided to make a video on it to answer the question once and for all. This applies to almost all Ford models where the line connects to the power steering pump and the hydro boost too for the Diesels. I hope this helps, no special tools required!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Another good video that should be put in the wiki section.

·
Super Moderator
7,835 Posts

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Now this has been discussed before and I have gotten many questions on just what is the best way to put on that tight Teflon seal on the power steering line without ruining it. I had one recently and decided to make a video on it to answer the question once and for all. This applies to almost all Ford models where the line connects to the power steering pump and the hydro boost too for the Diesels. I hope this helps, no special tools required!

Ford Power Steering Teflon Seal Install No Special Tools - YouTube
I will pitch in my own system.

See pic 11/32 deep wall socket and duct tape.
Little oil on the tape outside and slide it on.
No risk of threads damage to the O-Ring.
Worked for me. Deep wall socket could be regular socket, just what I had.

-chart-

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ford Power Steering Teflon Seal Install No Special Tools - YouTube
this process works:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts