Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford Motor Company is looking to rent a 1986-1988 Ford Taurus or 1989 SHO for a vehicle display to take place August 16-20, 2004 in Medinah, Ill. We will pay 500.00 for the rental of such a vehicle in good, clean, presentable condition. We would like to find a vehicle in the Detroit, MI area that we can transport in an enclosed transporter to the event or locate one in the Chicago suburban area. Please contact me ASAP- we appreciate your help.

Ford Motor Company- Public Affairs/Marketing consultant
Dearborn, MI

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I have a 1988 Ford Taurus L in Washington state that looks mint, but isnt mechancily great. It'd make a fine display vehicle and you could even use it for free, but its all the way up in WA and it'd have to have a radiator, updated registration, and a transaxel leak repaired before I'd drive it there. Let me know if you're interested.

Edit: I wasnt sure if I made it clear: From the outside, this car looks like a BRAND NEW 1988. The only thing missing are period wheel covers and there is a slight scratch near the deck lid that is slightly rusted, about the size of your pinkey finger, you have to look for it. Other than that, the car is dent-free, the paint looks fair but I'd wax/buff it to make it look new again (its not oxidized or anything, amazing for the age and the miles). It has stock black 14" wheels on it right now, with some ugly aftermarket wheel covers. If your objective is to make it look like a fresh-from-the-showroom car, I'd install a stock Ford radio, and put on some L wheel covers from a junkyard. The car DOES run, and it will drive if the radiator and trans leak are reparied. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if you will make it good enough to drive accross (hell, I'll drive it if you pay for gas) OR have it shipped, its yours. I'll call your number tomarow to talk just in case you're not monitering this board.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
B)

Someone would have MAJOR bragging rights if Ford displays their car!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I was thinking that too Firespirit...

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Yeah, with an e-mail going to "Hotmail" you would think if it was legit, it would be a more professional carrier like FMC or something. Just my .02.

Adam

M

·
0 Posts
okay yea, i called the number, while blocking my number, and it sent me right to a voice mail...and yea, i'm sorry, but no...thats not the way it works..it would have rang, and then sent me to a voice mail of the person i was trying to reach. *i would know, i know plently of people that work for ford* I don't trust em...

just my opinion, plus, they would have a ford mail address..

M

·
0 Posts
plus, i might add, that the majority of ford company offices are held in dearborn, which is a 313 area code, not 734....

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
maybe something happened to the previous car they had so they had to get a new one on short notice. also 734 is also an area code around that area. mine used to be 313, than it was 810, and now its 586. it says he's a marketing consultant. plus, this is a public forum and he may not beable to give out the other email address if he has one. my friend works at GM and has a GM email address, but she isn't allowed to give it out. also, i can see where it would send you to a voice mail. it is 11pm at night. also, on my phone if its shut off, it doesn't ring, it sends you straight to my voice mail. i think its legit. why would someone want an old taurus? if he wanted a car, you would think he'd try for a gen3 SHO or a brand new 2004 or something. i don't know. they are probably having a show and want to display one of the first taurus's.

J

·
0 Posts
I'd call the Ford main office and ask for the person using a published number and see if you can track them down, just to make sure.

After business hours, their phones may forward straight to voicemail...

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Aug 9 2004, 10:17 PM
I'd call the Ford main office and ask for the person using a published number and see if you can track them down, just to make sure.

After business hours, their phones may forward straight to voicemail...
nope, thats not true, i called my other Ford Employees, and the phones all rang like 6 times before i was given the voice mail

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
damn it why couldn't you have said 91.... <_<

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Way too suspicious <_< I am sure Ford has access to a mint gen 1 (I know they have one at least).

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I think Detroit Raver is correct, why would he try to scam someone out of a car that can be found for $1K and under? If someone wanted to put my brand new Aston Martin on a truck with only his word as promise, well I'd have a problem but c'mon? A 1st Gen Taurus isnt exactly a hard car to find. I've volenteered my 1988 L. If it doesnt work out than oh well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce@Aug 9 2004, 08:03 PM
plus, i might add, that the majority of ford company offices are held in dearborn, which is a 313 area code, not 734....
I was going to mention that. the only Ford installations in the 734 code are Woodhaven Stamping, Woodhaven Forging, Brownstown Twp, and Auto Alliance in Flat Rock

·
Registered
350 Posts
His name is actually legit and on other forums leads to a Ford domain. I do know that Ford has at least one Orange 86' in the Henry Ford museum, but who knows how many other examples of the car they would want to keep around.

If you are serious, please contact us at [email protected]

I have a close friend with a showroom condition, 40,000 mile 89' SHO in the Chicago suburbs.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts