2,282 Posts
nice i was hoping for like 250 lol but ill settle for 205

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by afi292@Jun 8 2004, 06:52 PM
Meh.... its a "budget" supercar :lol: :p Certainly need a heck of a car to reach that speed. I mean, really, how many other production cars can get up to that speed?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Jun 8 2004, 08:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Jun 8 2004, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afi292@Jun 8 2004, 06:52 PM
Meh.... its a "budget" supercar :lol: :p Certainly need a heck of a car to reach that speed. I mean, really, how many other production cars can get up to that speed? [/b][/quote]
Depends how high the cliff is...

-Dan

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I want one. Pop. Mechanics did a 12 second production car runoff last month or so, and the GT was the number 2 car, behind the Saleen S7. There were also Benz's, Porches, and a Viper (number 3)...

JR

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
McLaren also cost $930,000 USD.
GT - $149,900

For $780,100 I can make it go an extra 30 mph... :evil_grin:

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 9 2004, 03:01 PM
GT - $149,900

For $780,100 I can make it go an extra 30 mph...  :evil_grin:
:p from what i read, mclaren's total potential is still unknown as on article noted that the driver freaked out at 235 or so and slowed the car down....so the car is labeled as 230+ with "+" = who the hell knows :p ...it was still climbing in terms of speed while he slowed down ..... lol

Also there are ONLY 6 of them (according to an article I read back in 2001) made and shipped to US and 2 of them are owned by Ralph Lauren himself. Ok feel free to throw stones at me (and call me a noobie) if this info is incorrect :lol:

Here is the quote from the article so you know i am not :bs: -ing :)

The McLaren F1 is probably the most exotic of the exotics, and definitely one of the best looking. Contrary to popular belief, it does not have the top speed of the street legal production cars, sinc the Vector Avtech takes that honor at 249 MPH. However, with an incredible 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, it's definitely one of the fastest off the line. There are only a handful of these made each year, which is just as well, since with a price tag of $1,000,000 only a few people in the world can afford it. Currently there are only 7 in the U.S., and Ralph Lauren owns two of them, one of which he is selling. Anyone buyers? Another one is owned by a visitor name Justin and his father, who is an avid collector of exotics and classics, who I would love to becomes friends with! Can I have a ride? :) The most incredible stat about the McLaren F1 is that it accelerates from 0-150 mph in 12.8 seconds, or just slightly longer than the 911 takes to reach 100 mph! The F1 LM, or the Le Mans version, is the racing version of this fine automobile. According to a visitor name Chris, only 5 of these beauties were ever built, and all of them have already been bought, even with a price tag of well over $1M! The year F1 debuted it won every race it entered except for one (again, thanks to Chris for this info). The car is made of all carbon fibers and the door swing up and out, similar to the Lamborghini Countach. Definitely the crown jewel of any collection.
Source

But if you just want a reallllllly expensive car, there is always the Bugatti Veyron (not sure of the spelling.)...definitely a cute looking car with tons of muscle.....Italian version of McLaren F1 .....FASTER than Mc Laren F1 though with BHP (max.) of 1001

At the moment, the Bugatti Veyron appears to have it all:
A W-16 engine that can produce 1,001 horsepower
A top speed of 250+ mph (400+ kph)
A zero-to-60 time of three seconds
A zero-to-180 time of 14 seconds
A price tag somewhere in the $1 million range.
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/bugatti-8.jpg' alt='' width='400' height='217' class='attach' />[/url]

[url=http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bugatti.htm]Source: Bugatti Veyron[/url]

·
Registered
478 Posts
i personally wouldnt mind a Ford GT....over a Mclaren.....i like the look of the GT....looks really hot(which it is)

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Mclaren F1 has been tested to 246mph, and that was with a race driver on a closed top speed circut. A few of the new supercars can touch that. Bugatti's 1000hp Quad Turbo W16 EB16-4 Veyron is supposed to do 250-260mph with awd. But like the Mclaren it's 1mil+ car.

On the other hand, the Ford GT40 MkV( I refuse to think of it as anything but a 5th gen GT40) is more beautiful then even the gorges Mclaren. ^^

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by Venom@Jun 9 2004, 06:32 PM
Mclaren F1 has been tested to 246mph, and that was with a race driver on a closed top speed circut.  A few of the new supercars can touch that.  Bugatti's 1000hp Quad Turbo W16 EB16-4 Veyron is supposed to do 250-260mph with awd.  But like the Mclaren it's 1mil+ car.

On the other hand, the Ford GT40 MkV( I refuse to think of it as anything but a 5th gen GT40) is more beautiful then even the gorges Mclaren. ^^
i think the italian penis extender Bugatti is faster than the English penis-substitute McLaren F1 :lol:

gosh, who buys these things anyway? and why make them on the first place to begin with :blink: i mean...seriously...what is the purpose for this car? might was well get that rocket car that you can only drive in Arizona desert.

Total nonsense if you ask me....but if i have to choose between exotic cars, i would choose Aston Martin Vanquish over anything :D GT is good...but it is not for me :)

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Jun 9 2004, 09:35 PM
You know what I just love thinking about? THe fact that the GT is a v8 and its out doing allot of supercars that use v12 and v10s etc... (do we have a drooling smilies?)
That's what I've been thinking all along!! :D B)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by FVT+Jun 9 2004, 06:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FVT @ Jun 9 2004, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-TrueBlue@Jun 9 2004, 03:01 PM
GT - $149,900

For $780,100 I can make it go an extra 30 mph...  :evil_grin:
:p from what i read, mclaren's total potential is still unknown as on article noted that the driver freaked out at 235 or so and slowed the car down....so the car is labeled as 230+ with "+" = who the hell knows :p ...it was still climbing in terms of speed while he slowed down ..... lol

Also there are ONLY 6 of them (according to an article I read back in 2001) made and shipped to US and 2 of them are owned by Ralph Lauren himself. Ok feel free to throw stones at me (and call me a noobie) if this info is incorrect :lol:

Here is the quote from the article so you know i am not :bs: -ing :)

The McLaren F1 is probably the most exotic of the exotics, and definitely one of the best looking. Contrary to popular belief, it does not have the top speed of the street legal production cars, sinc the Vector Avtech takes that honor at 249 MPH. However, with an incredible 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, it's definitely one of the fastest off the line. There are only a handful of these made each year, which is just as well, since with a price tag of $1,000,000 only a few people in the world can afford it. Currently there are only 7 in the U.S., and Ralph Lauren owns two of them, one of which he is selling. Anyone buyers? Another one is owned by a visitor name Justin and his father, who is an avid collector of exotics and classics, who I would love to becomes friends with! Can I have a ride? :) The most incredible stat about the McLaren F1 is that it accelerates from 0-150 mph in 12.8 seconds, or just slightly longer than the 911 takes to reach 100 mph! The F1 LM, or the Le Mans version, is the racing version of this fine automobile. According to a visitor name Chris, only 5 of these beauties were ever built, and all of them have already been bought, even with a price tag of well over $1M! The year F1 debuted it won every race it entered except for one (again, thanks to Chris for this info). The car is made of all carbon fibers and the door swing up and out, similar to the Lamborghini Countach. Definitely the crown jewel of any collection.
Source
[/b][/quote]

!!! :newbie: !!!! That's almost all BS!

Model            Production      Years      Low        High
F1 Prototype 5  (4)    1992 - '93      £500,000  £600,000
F1                    64    1993 - '98      £550,000  £750,000
F1 GTR '95          9      1995              £500,000  £1.3m
F1 LMPrototype    1    1995              £500,000  £750,000
F1 GTR '96          9    1996              £500,000  £900,000
F1 LM                  5    1996                £650,000  £850,000
F1 GTR '97          10  1996 - '97        £450,000  £900,000
F1 GT Prototype  1    1997                £450,000  £600,000
F1 GT                  2    1997                600,000  £800,000
Source 1

The were just over 100 cars made. I knew that "7 made" crap was BS, I've seen two of the cars in person before!

The Lamborghini Countach doors don't swing "up and out", they are scissor doors! They don't pivot sideways at all, no twisting motion. The F1 has A-pillar mounted doors, these pivot as well as swing!

http://ultra.cto.us.edu.pl/pub/Multimedia/Pictures/Cars/Lamborghini/Countach/Countach-front-doorsopen.JPG' alt='' width='375' height='360' class='attach' />[/url]

[quote][b]The McLaren F1 holds several records, including the highest top speed (240.1 mph) and the fastest lap speed on a UK circuit (195.3 mph).[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.bmwworld.com/models/mclaren.htm]Source 2[/url]

[quote][b]The first McLaren underwent high-speed testing in 1993, breaking the Jag's street-legal top speed record, with a figure of 231 mph using a pre-production 585 hp engine. Five years later, a proper production model, with a disabled rev-limiter allowing the engine to rev to 7800 rpm, officially clocked up 240 mph, which remains unbeaten. Moreover, the F1 can speed to 200 mph in only 28 seconds, which is proving hard to beat.
[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars2.html]Source 3[/url]

[quote][b]Performance figures unsurprisingly set new standards for the industry with zero to sixty taking 3.2 seconds and one hundred coming up in just 6.3. It was not until 1998 that the F1's definitive top speed was achieved though when McLaren ran prototype XP5 in standard trim at 240mph on VAG's high-speed Ehra-Leissen test track in Germany[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.qv500.com/mclarenf1p1.htm]Source 4[/url]

It's not 230. It's not 260. It's not 2,000,854 friggin' miles an hour... 240.1 mph, official, documented by three different sources. Still the record holder.

0wn3d! Get the facts straight man!

BTW, I don't think a UCLA student website is a very good source. :???:

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 10 2004, 10:21 AM
Source 1

The were just over 100 cars made. I knew that "7 made" crap was BS, I've seen two of the cars in person before
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 10 2004, 10:21 AM
F1 GTR '97          10  1996 - '97        £450,000  £900,000
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BUT THE CAR WAS STILL CLIMBING IN TERMS OF VELOCITY! THERE MIGHT HAVE BEEN OTHER TESTS DONE WITH THIS CAR (WITH A MORE COURAGEOUS DRIVER) TO SHOW THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE CAR! AND IN THAT CASE, YOUR SOURCE
The McLaren F1 holds several records, including the highest top speed (240.1 mph) and the fastest lap speed on a UK circuit (195.3 mph).
IS RIGHT!

ALSO THAT WEBSITE WAS GIVEN TO YOU TO BACK UP MY STATEMENT THAT RALPH LAUREN OWNS 2 OF THESE CARS. I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OTHER STATEMENTS ON THAT WEBSITE.

<I am already having a bad day in school. now go away!> :angry:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
You guys crack me up! I would'nt care if it went 500,000 miles an hour, I sure as hell ain't tryin to find out if it really does. Of all of the people who own supercars, how many of them do you really think tried to push the envelope in them? They're basically dicks with wheels.(Not to say that I wouldn't want one.) I like the GT because it looks "classically sexy" like the new Mustang GT and I would sure as hell get one but not before I went back and got.........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jun 10 2004, 11:14 AM
They're basically dicks with wheels.(Not to say that I wouldn't want one.) I like the GT because it looks "classically sexy" like the new Mustang GT and I would sure as hell get one but not before I went back and got.........

couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ok feel free to throw stones at me (and call me a noobie) if this info is incorrect
You cant get mad at TrueBlue, you said it yourself...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by MaltaTaurus69@Jun 10 2004, 11:54 AM
Ok feel free to throw stones at me (and call me a noobie) if this info is incorrect
You cant get mad at TrueBlue, you said it yourself...
yeah that is so "true"..... :lol: nah... I dont have any thing against True_Blue. It is just that I had a s***ty day and felt like vending. Stupid Physical Chem Exam was kind of frustrating... We will see....

anyways, I WAS NOT WRONG! I said only 7 cars (1997- McLaren F1 GTRs) were made....he said 100 McLaren F1s were made in TOTAL (regardless of model or year)....i guess there was a confusion on Model/Year...I also did not say the top speed was 230...so i am not sure where he got that from my post...the original report released in 1997 said the driver freaked out at 230 and slowed the car down...but there might have been later reports done on the 1997 GTR F1 to determine its max speed....What i meant was I was only talking about ONE Model year (1997 GTR) and he was talking about ALL F1's (ALL models) made. anyways, Sorry I yelled at you True :) no hard feelings!

Ciao!
~FVT~

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Between $95-$110 Grand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts