Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This forum seems the best place to ask Five Hundred related questions. My apology, if this does not belong here. Let me know if there is a better place for 2005 500 related questions. This is a 2005 FWD 500 SE, with 6 speed automatic transmission, and the 3.0 Duratec engine that's well known to 3rd and 4th generation Taurus owners.

Basically, when the car accelerates and tachometer is somewhere in 2000-2500 range, the engine starts making some strange, rough, high frequency noise. Kind of like what'd you expect if a little propeller or fan was starting to spin every time you press gas. I didn't know how to describe this, so I put a camcorder on the floor under driver's seat and recorded a half minute demo sound. Here is a link to a youtube video (worse sound, but I added text annotations to point where sound starts). You can hear it specially well with a good set of headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA54yTIcf64

Any suggestions what could be wrong with this car? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, at the Ford dealership, they found an exhaust leak due to a bad seal somewhere near the converter. Problem fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts