Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my other ride. You can see the theme in the trunk matches my 2005 Taurus -->Link to Pics ... Amp puts out about 3000 Watts peak, 1,890 RMS... I just love when ppl ask to see whats in the trunk & they see I still have all my trunk space :)

This is the 45Hz db Knob when I want to crank it up a bit more :)

Glassed the Tire well & portions of the box

RF P8002 AMP

2 12" RF P3's

Peripheral Electronics IPod integration kit :)

CCFL Trunk lighting (a lot brighter than it looks)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
man i love the look of 500's my nieghbor has a E class mercedes and i really though the back end looked similar to the 500...... only probably is that damn cvt trans....

dunno maybe its just me, the body lines are a bit different but the shape of the tail lights is similar

·
Registered
367 Posts
No offense bro, but you're not putting out 1900w rms to TWO P3's. Those would blow in 5 minutes if that were true. And 1900w is highly unlikely without the big 3 and maybe a batt in the back. Just my .02 =O

Nice installs btw, look very clean.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Yeah.....while I will admit that your setup is hands-down very clean and nice, don't BS the numbers.

Your amp puts out 800 watts RMS max to one channel at 4-ohms. If you're running 4Ohms to 2 channels, 200 watts RMS a channel. 2Ohms, 400 watts a channel.

Your subs are only rated at 500watts RMS at 4Ohms.

Which means you're running 2x200watt RMS 12" subs in the trunk for 400wattsRMS/800watts max power. Not a bad setup at all, but a far far cry from 2000 watts. To achieve that, you would need some very expensive subs/amps along with redoing your wiring and installing a second battery.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess you didn't read the post. The system is running at 2 Ohms btw (there is a cooling fan that you can't see to keep the temps down). Based off the paperwork I received with the amp stated that amp tested at 1,890w RMS @2 Ohms/3,000 peak.

Nowhere in the post did I say the subs were pushing that hard. And I have already destroyed the coil on one of them in the 2 years I have had it, but RF replaced it. Those Subs can handle 500 W RMS/1,000 peak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts