Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
That one looks horrible, it was done up by an aftermarket tuning company - d*** Johnson Racing to boost power up to 320kw (from 260kw). The car with those fancy plasticy body bits looks terrible and makes the car cost as much as a semi reasonable BMW or Mercedes. (BMW 325i goes for 90 000 AUD, 525i for 87 000 AUD; this tuned Flacon for 95 000 AUD)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
God those things are the hotness... I think it looks fine :)

Or as we say on another board I am on:

I'd pimp it :cool_shades:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That thing is sexy. I was looking at the threads, and it seems taht Ford might bring it up here depending on how the Goat does. I would love to see that...I'd haev my 06' Mustang and my 07' Falcon, right next to each other...that would be mad cool...

I don't really like the "hood scoop," but the rest of the car looks amazing. Why can't Ford bring cool stuff up here? The only state with really crappy emissions laws is Cali...screw the californians and let the Jersians get it!

JR

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it looks pretty good, minus whatever is on the hood. I'm always happy to see another sports sedan. :grin2:

Btw, is that a Kleenex dispenser located below the climate controls? :blink:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Why do we get stuck with the boring cars and Aussie's get the good stuff? Ford must have a totally diffrent styling department out there.

The only thing we got from Aussie was the Capri <_<

·
Registered
318 Posts
Historically, rebadged imports have failed for American manufacturers in the US market. Starting back in the late 60's, Ford tried the Cortina, the Euro Capri, the Merkur, the Fiesta, the Aspire, the Aussie Capri, and probably some I've forgotten. Ford will be quite wary about trying again.

But, the Falcon does look pretty sweet, if you ignore that piece of bird poop on the hood.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
My Dad had a Cortina GT. He wishes he had that car again.

Ford sold a lot of Merkurs (espeically the XR4TI). The Festiva/Aspire was only for lowering the gas CAFE standards (so they can sell more Town Cars/Trucks), they didn't care how many they sold.

The Capri never caught on, but it was a small convertable with limited appeal (but the engine swaps right into a Festiva, now that is what I call a hot rod)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts