Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered my TCCA decals (the original ones for the windows) and am waiting to receive them. When these decals are up and running, please let me know.. I SO want a set for my gen 4 bull!!!! *excited*

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as the emblem is an oval ford emblem it should work fine on the other generations. Do you have a shot of a gen 2 or 3 steering wheel you could post? I'm guessing there's no difference with the exception of the size. And even the size may be the same. Remember, the decals come in sets of 3: One for the front, one for the rear, and one for the steering wheel.

EDIT: I'm still working on the Overlay decal order info but in the meantime, I was hoping we could get a few volunteers to measure their Ford Emblems. We're looking for Emblem measurements for all 4 generations. Please measure the front, rear, and steering wheel emblems and post your findings here. It may be a good idea to get a few different folks to help out so we can make sure our dimensions are acurrate. I'm sure we all know how to measure but just in case, measure across the center of the emblem horizontally and vertically across the same center line. The measurements I came up with for my 2000 model can be found below. As we get replies, I'll post dimensions here. Once they're all in, members will only need to specify the year of their bull when ordering.

Ford Taurus Ford Emblem Dimensions
Generation 1:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 2:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 3:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 4 (2000-2006 model years):
  • Front - 4"W x 1 5/8"H
  • Rear - 3 1/16"W x 1 1/8"H
  • Steering Wheel - 2 5/16"W x 7/8"H
Thanks!
Stupid question, but doesn't the Gen 4 go until 2007?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I really want one of these. Did these badges ever get made? I would love a set for my bull. If anybody knows about these overlays please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
naw, either leave it black, or i like the idea of changing it to blue so it looks like the ford emblem, but the red text would be too small to read
My thoughts too. I think it would look better with the background in Ford blue. However, maybe you could have a choice of background colors. Other then that, I think it looks good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My thoughts too. I think it would look better with the background in Ford blue. However, maybe you could have a choice of background colors. Other then that, I think it looks good.
silver on blue like ford? even tho i LOVE the original white on black with just the bull, i want a set so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
i wouldnt mind one either!!! the black with just the bull no lettering on it though gotta keep it a clean design B)

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So did anyone ever determine if these are still available? I would love a blacked out oval with a white or red bull for my front grille. And a Cleveland Browns themed oval for the rear. Now that would be sick!

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
B) Greetings Fella's...and ladies (if there are any)... B)

Tim just sent me the initial proof for the emblem overlay. I like it but think we need to talk about it a little before making a comitment to the design. Not sure why just yet but I think we can improve on the current design if we put our minds together!

Let me know what you think in the form of a reply. Remember, these will run $20 per set which includes the front emblem overlay, rear, steering wheel, and shipping. As I said before, not a bad price!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/lzzrdboy/Decals/EMBLEM.jpg' alt='' width='800' height='600' class='attach' />[/url][/quote]
i been looking for something like this

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
35 Replies
25 Participants
The White Falcon
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing