Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Which wheels, the five spoke SE/SES alloys or the 2000-2002 SEL alloys? Those are the only two Taurus variants I can think of that didn't already have a Ford logo on the cap.

I don't believe I've seen another vehicle with a centercap design close to the SE/SES wheels, you'd be out of luck on those.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the standard SE aluminum rims.I removed the center caps ,sanded with 380 grit paper and sprayed Duplicolor graphite wheel paint.They look really good.
I took pictures with my I pad camera but cannot load them here.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I have the standard SE aluminum rims.I removed the center caps ,sanded with 380 grit paper and sprayed Duplicolor graphite wheel paint.They look really good.
I took pictures with my I pad camera but cannot load them here.
I have done wheel center as in the pic. Duplicolor wheel paint. I did not sand, just cleaned with acetone. Got 3 Sables with the same 7 spoke alloy.

-chart-

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the one, five spoke wheels. Something like the 2008 Taurus or crown vics. Painted would look good too, I like that idea

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
That center cap is for seven spoke Sable wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I wish someone would put such effort in figuring out how to quiet a replacement power steering pump.
We had good success using a big rubber stopper and a Mityvac pump. Than helps to bleed the air out of the system, but remember that so
me Ford pumps are just noisy and nothing will totally silence them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
sfhess
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing