Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Makes sense. Less inventory and model NREs and upkeep in an era where cash is hard to find. The Flex and Edge are hot sellers in the crossover segment, plus the X never had good marketing to tout.

Supposedly a pretty good little trucklet, though, never had the pleasure of driving one.

Ah well, RIP Taurus X, we hardly knew ye. :(

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Thank GOD. They looked like slammed Explorers. Why not just get an Explorer? :headscratch:

The Flex is a much better Taurus wagon.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't be missing it.
[/b]
Flex isn't a big seller... I think they mention it in that article... They expected like 8000 a month, but they only sell 2000 or something...

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
The Flex. Oh lord the Flex. When it came out I was adamantly AGAINST that vehicle.

After seeing it at the dealer when I bought the truck .... I am trying to ge the GF to buy one. It is freaking AWESOME! I almost thought about going with one instead of the F150!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
oh yes the flex. a sure best seller for ford. :lol2:

so friggin ugly. :dunno:

maybe i dislike it because it was parked next to my mom's mks and the owner was braggin
about it to his g/f. then the guy says to me "nice looking don;t you think." i replied
"you should have bought a MKS." :D

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I like the flex a lot but I would not be looking for a super slow car. That is a lot of vehicle for that engine. once the eco boost hits the market the story will likely change though.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The T/X isn't getting canceled so much as it's getting redesigned and renamed Explorer.

Not that I'm going to miss the T/X all that much. I'd rather see a conventional Taurus wagon which, if not being tossed around as an idea now, will be for the Gen VII.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
finaly.

now, ford give us a real wagon!!
oooo how about the Taurus santa fe with a class 3 hitch.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a freestyle (taurus x before the changes) and its actually a great vehicle. If ford had actually advertised the damn thing from the beginning, they may have had a seller on their hands. I under stand the credit crunch and everything now, but the model never had a chance from the beginning. Before the flex it was one of the few crossovers that actually had adequate third row leg room, it drives great (volvo engineering) and even though most people don't I actually like how it looks. Oh well, it'll still serve me well for at least 7 or 8 years or so.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Taurus X was supposed to be gone with 08 model year, but Ford had too many left over. It's replacement is the Flex. They are built off the same chassis.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Taurus X was supposed to be gone with 08 model year, but Ford had too many left over. It's replacement is the Flex. They are built off the same chassis.
[/b]
I know the flex will replace it, but it wasent suppose to be gone that early. If they had planned on scrapping it that early, they wouldn't have gone through the trouble (and cost) or updating it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i don't mind the X but the flex is better then the X. The X should have been discontuned ir remodeled as a XC70 version of the taurus when the Flex came out.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I really liked the X and would have bought an 07 instead of the SRX but I couldn't wait for the redesign (I needed a car and the X wasn't coming out for a couple of more months. The freestyle did not have enough engine and that CTV trans scared me.

I really liked the look of the X. It was big w/o being stupid big. 3 rows, great motor, safe, roomy and I lliked the looks. It's a real shame it didn't sell all that well.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I like the look of the Taurus X instead of the Flex-I think the Flex is ugly, but to each their own. As far as not many getting sold, that goes for just about any car or truck, people are not buying in these dark economic times. Second, most people will not buy anything that looks like or gets the same gas mileage as a suv. Large suv's should be exported to the oil rich countries where gas is 11 cents a gal. These low gas prices will not last very long, and I think most other people feel the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts