1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortech Supercharger Kit
Availability: Duratec engine
Approx Cost: $3700-3900
Description: The supercharger increases the stock horsepower to 294 and torque to 218 at the flywheel, using between 8-8.5 psi of boost. It includes fuel pump and lines, FMU, bypass valve, supercharger specific computer chip, belts, and pulleys. Battery relocation is required for complete system installation. Known to produce 250hp at the wheels.
Photo:
Sources: SP Motorsports

supercharger

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Someone will need to be the first and try to adapt that kit to a duratech taurus...the main problem is always the cramped confines of a taurus engine bay...hmmmmm...

X

·
0 Posts
I think this may only work on mtx contours. That's the only limitation that I think I remember hearing about these kits.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
that is designed for the 24v 2.5l durateck/svt engines in the svt contours and may fit a cougar. With some mods and a new chip it may be adapted to out engines.

Brad

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
You might also find out what pully is being used to run the SC... I think there's a pully that moved from one side to the other of the engine at one point with the taurus duratec.

-Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Time to move up to a Gen3

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Thats for the 2.5L in the Contour. Thats a 60lb ft increase over stock, so with the extra displacement you'll probably get an extra 75lb ft in the 3.0L Duratec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts