Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the font called on the back of the car? and where can I get those letters, as I want to take 'Taurus SES' off and replace it with 'Mittens SES' any ideas?
;)

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think "ST" Would be closer IMO.

Real Emblem Pictures

Troy.
Sweet! someone actually agrees with something I had to say! (Oh, being married. :lol2:)

Honestly I think I'm just gonna have to swipe all the Taurus/Sable badges I can from the pick-n-pull

I'll at least have a shitload of A, B, E, L, R, S, U and Ts...

I could make it say something stupid like UTERUS :/

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just don't punch your Uterus, you could put a dent in it :D

Hey! That's a GREAT band name "Dented Uterus"

Troy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That would be appropriate for us since we bought the Taurus because my wife was pregnant with kid #2. It's the designated baby hauler.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
That's why my family originally bought the SES, my mom was due for her menopause baby and the Concorde had just failed on us.. It's the perfect family car, even though they now have a brand new Sonata. :p

Troy, Dented Uterus? :lol2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
OP: It's a slightly modified variant of "Abadi Bold MT" - they removed a bit of the middle part of the A

The pic below is what's called "Abadi Condensed Light MT" - not quite perfect, but you get the conceptual clues.

Grey is the standard font, green is my modified variant. :p 10 seconds in CS5!

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Okay, it's my turn! Here's my attempt:

This is Helvetica bold, with -5% tracking and 55% vertical scale.

In all honesty they probably use a custom font, but I think this is pretty close. The 2010+ have a unique stylized A.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Okay, it's my turn! Here's my attempt:

This is Helvetica bold, with -5% tracking and 55% vertical scale.

In all honesty they probably use a custom font, but I think this is pretty close. The 2010+ have a unique stylized A.

^^ This!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts