Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new find, fort taurus folding mirrors. I have always wanted these, but the price is just a little stiff and I also would have to re-fabricate in the peremiter lighting some how. But if anyone is curioius.....Fast Auto Body Parts

I wonder if these are power folding? There are a few cars out there including the Ford Mondeo that offers power folding. :banana:

G

·
It shows a power, heated, folding, with puddle lamp - so you shouldn't have to do any fabricating... :) Nice find! B)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What was Ford's reasoning for not putting folding mirrons on the Taurus...I know the japanese put em on cause they got tight spaces...but I have seen a lot of mirrors duct-taped/superglued back on after being wacked off.

G

·
Originally posted by Nick986@Jun 10 2004, 10:54 PM
What was Ford's reasoning for not putting folding mirrons on the Taurus...I know the japanese put em on cause they got tight spaces...but I have seen a lot of mirrors duct-taped/superglued back on after being wacked off.
I guess they don't put them on b/c they are relatively small mirrors. Although, my dad's F250 has the smallest mirrors you can get and they fold in. :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now if you want some real mirrors just shell out some dough for a new Lincoln Navigator. Power, power folding, puddle lamps, turn signal indicator, reverse tilt-down, heated. My sisters Expedition has all the above except the power folding.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dang...that would be expensive to replace if you had a small mishap with one. Well i gota question...are there aftermarket folding mirrors for a gen 2?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The US Taurus didn't get electric folding mirrors? I thought the reason mine got electric folding mirrors is because the US version had it.

Learn something new everyday

Julian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.