Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With it being so humid outside, and having the A/C on inside the car, I've noticed that its starting to make the winshileld fog up on the outside of the car. You can turn the wipers on to remove it, but it instantly fogs back over.

What can be done to make it stop from doing that?

·
Registered
1990 Taurus GL
51 Posts
The A/C is cooling the glass of the windshield and when the humid air (air heavy with moisture) hits this glass it is condensed, thus forming "fog". Not much you can do about chemical change except, don't use the A/C or don't have it turned up high.

Sorry if this comes across as jerkish, not my intention.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
If you put Prestone Winter mix De-icer fluid (the yellow stuff), it has a rain repellant in it, similar to the Rainx spray. I prefer that yellow stuff year round because of its repellant properties.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
For the condensation to form on the window like that, I would think there is cold air coming out of the defroster. I haven't seen a car yet that got that cold inside to form condention on the outside on a windshield, unless the A/C was blowing out of defrost hole. I've seen the A/C fog side windows from the panel vents being aimed outward at them.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It's pretty common around here in the summer especially at night. All you can do is to turn the temp up. Most AC systems will leak air past the seals in the blower box and blow a bit of air onto the windshield.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mine will do that only if it's really humid at night, and the inside of the car is cooler than outside, or I drive into a patch of fog. The car usually has to be stationary for a min or so for the windshield to start fogging. When that happens, I just turn the defroster on for a min or so, blowing hot air onto the windshield, or just not keep the a/c on full cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts