Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some cool blue fog lights on my Sable and now I have a switch just hanging under the steering wheel. I also know that the control for the headlights can turn on stock fog lights. With the knob turned all the way to the right (lights on) you can pull out the knob to turn on the fog lights. Does anyone know if theres a way to connect my aftermarket lights to that switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I think only Gen 4 Sables have that option. You might need to go buy that headlight switch from junk yard or wherever and hook it up that way. Or you could make a custom switch somewhere else....

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I know that Expeditions have that feature, and they have the same exact switch we have, so you should be cool. Pop off the switch and take a look. You should see extra connectors that aren't being used. Test them out and see what works...

JR

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
:withstupid: Yep, Sable only. On all 96+ Tauruses, you can pull the switch out, but there are no electrical contacts inside there for the fog light switch. I wired the relay for my fogs into the brown wire on one of the parking lights, so they are always on if the parking lights are on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired the relay for my fogs into the brown wire on one of the parking lights, so they are always on if the parking lights are on.
I'd like to do that, but I'm not 100% sure that they're legal. I bought them at Meijers for $20. They're extremely bright. I noticed that on some of the other lights, the boxes said that they were illegal in some states. The ones I bought don't say that. It would be nice to connect them to the pull out switch but I haven't messed with that yet. I'll try your parking light connection though. Thanks.

Zach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts